Toronto The Yorkville Condominiums | 104.54m | 31s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

I'm pleasantly surprised by this building. Compared to the nearby Milan Tower, this stands out. It looks like they've actually made an effort with the podium and the vertical maroon columns. I still love the Florian and think it's a shame this building will hide that stunner of a building, but it's looking good so far.

I'm pleasantly surprised by this building. Compared to the nearby Milan Tower, this stands out. It looks like they've actually made an effort with the podium and the vertical maroon columns. I still love the Florian and think it's a shame this building will hide that stunner of a building, but it's looking good so far.

Come on man, you find it a shame for this building to block part of the Florian?
As much as I like the Florian, I can honestly say this building is the first to really break the curse of Gray, Bland, Blaah cladding we've been bombarded for the past few years.
This to me is my favourite of the condo boom .... Can you imagine if AURA or 1 Bloor were cladded all the way to the top like this building?
They would be stunner !!!!!

Except that the Florian condo is not clad with grey brick. If you look closely, (see it in person) you will see that the bricks are a dark purple colour and look quite good. Even the pillars look good, with a silverish metal cladding. There is not that much grey here but look across the street at the Four Seasons and you will see a lot of grey.

Last edited:
This project is kind of a preview of Bisha, which was also designed by Wallman and features maroon coloured columns/fins.

This project is kind of a preview of Bisha, which was also designed by Wallman and features maroon coloured columns/fins.

Yeaaaah ..... I thought Bisha was a dark horse as well, but I was disappointed with its height.
Bisha could have been made taller enough to block M5V and all the ugly gray nonsense on the Festival Tower block.

From Yonge and Bloor:

Yorkville Condos.jpg

Attachments

• Yorkville Condos.jpg
    Yorkville Condos.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 1,071
Nice capture!! In a month or so same picture is going to look even more beautiful when all the tree becomes green. Another beautiful edition to the Skyline!!

Last edited by a moderator:
WOOOOOWWWWW ..... Aren't we missing something like this at the Southcore?
Can they design the Office Building portion at ICE like this? Would be freshly needed ....

Come on man, you find it a shame for this building to block part of the Florian?
As much as I like the Florian, I can honestly say this building is the first to really break the curse of Gray, Bland, Blaah cladding we've been bombarded for the past few years.
This to me is my favourite of the condo boom .... Can you imagine if AURA or 1 Bloor were cladded all the way to the top like this building?
They would be stunner !!!!!

I love the Florian! Great cured shape, high quality materials, marble cladding at the podium, metallic pillars, etc. Definitely different from many of the boring glass boxes going up.

As for the Yorkville, this thing is going up crazy fast! It's looking quite good. It actually looks like the rendering! What a concept!

Back