Toronto The Yorkville Condominiums | 104.54m | 31s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Oct 15:

yorkville.JPG

Attachments

• yorkville.JPG
    yorkville.JPG
    727.2 KB · Views: 1,203
This tower is sublime. The lines, colours and proportions are superb. I love the unique touches like the golden glass and the tasteful use of angles. The mechanical penthouse was nicely incorporated into the architecture. It's a distinct part of the building, but it doesn't look like an afterthought that the developer hoped no one would notice. The golden glass was a risky choice because no one else is using it, but it helps give the tower character and harmonizes with the other colours.

Yeb, I said it before... that this is best in the condo boom so far ..... and I repeat again that,
Bisha Hotel and Residences will possibly be the best building (both office & condo) in the Boom when finished....
anyone wants to dispute?

YEB !!!! I said it, I dare anyone to show me any building in Toronto besides Scotia Plaza that is more beautiful than this one. And I am counting on Bisha to challenge the Scotia Plaza for Toronto's supremacy until any of those proposals like 45 Bay is built....

YEB !!!! I said it, I dare anyone to show me any building in Toronto besides Scotia Plaza that is more beautiful than this one. And I am counting on Bisha to challenge the Scotia Plaza for Toronto's supremacy until any of those proposals like 45 Bay is built....
Easy: Royal Bank Plaza (just to name one; though technically two buildings). Even The Florian, next door, is much nicer (at least in terms of the materials used and their quality).

I think this building is ok but because all so many new condos going up are all grey and look identical any building which has a splash of a different colour looks good because it doesn't look like the others. Shows how mediocre most of the buildings we have been getting are.

although this building looks great, but it is still a scam and a shame from the developer.
Lifetime Developments never delivered what they promised so far. see the comparison:
Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    771.4 KB · Views: 802
You need to keep in mind that marketing renderings are generally done before materials/suppliers have been selected and finalized. Renderings, even for an architect, show ideas. They do not take the time to model each and every particular product, with the exact final shape/dimensions/etc., so much as represent the space.

I'm not defending the lack of honesty in the renderings, but that's the way it works in the industry. Regulating something like a marketing image (which does have disclaimer a disclaimer attached pointing out that it's an artist's depiction) would be very difficult since often, even in an architect's renderings, it speaks to ideas ("a large round pendant lamp hanging here") more than it does to final products and selected suppliers ("the _____ Lamp produced by the company ________"). Those details can't possibly be resolved by the time the building goes into marketing.

You need to keep in mind that marketing renderings are generally done before materials/suppliers have been selected and finalized. Renderings, even for an architect, show ideas. They do not take the time to model each and every particular product, with the exact final shape/dimensions/etc., so much as represent the space.

I'm not defending the lack of honesty in the renderings, but that's the way it works in the industry. Regulating something like a marketing image (which does have disclaimer a disclaimer attached pointing out that it's an artist's depiction) would be very difficult since often, even in an architect's renderings, it speaks to ideas ("a large round pendant lamp hanging here") more than it does to final products and selected suppliers ("the _____ Lamp produced by the company ________"). Those details can't possibly be resolved by the time the building goes into marketing.

Sorry, I disagree. The changes are almost always due to cost cutting. They draw up these renderings with no intention of delivering and that has to stop. So while I understand certain materials may not be available, why not use similar materials as replacement? We see too much of this. I can only imagine what kind of cost cutting they do with the things we can't see.

This frustration is very valid. But the example above could be a lot worse. Looks like lobby height is a bit lower and there is no greenery outside. Maybe they will get some nice planter boxes next year. Could be worse.

Didn't pull it off...bit of a dog's breakfast I'm afraid. Amplified by the simpler, yet better fit and finished condo next to it.

Back