Toronto Yorkdale Shopping Centre | ?m | ?s | Oxford Properties | MMC Architecture

Wow. I prefer to shop with my keyboard than stay in such long lines everywhere. Why bother with parking or even taking the subway on such a crazy day. Same deals can be had online without all the fuss. :)

or you can just buy a condo across the street and just walk there... I did. Just saying. All the best for 2017!

One thing I don't like about online shopping is that you can't "feel" or "examine" the items more closely. Is the fabric durable? Are the buttons about to fall off? How many pockets? Is there a smartphone pocket? Is the zipper tight? How heavy or light is it? Can I try it on? (Some brick and motor stores don't have change rooms, which I might avoid.)

I prefer to shop in person but on these days we have computers for more than urbantoronto. What really boggles my mind is people waiting in line outside of apple when there are no sales.

People presumably got Apple gift cards and are anxious to use them to get their gifts. I wouldn't venture out on Boxing Day for that personally, but many would.

You can use gift cards online. I can appreciate the need to touch/feel the product. However, quality can be ascertained based on the store. If you shop st your favourite store you are likely familiar with their quality and can assume a level of quality when buying online. You can always return or exchange it if you don't like what you got shipped. For me the convenience to avoid shopping when there are large crowds is huge! Even if I want to try in something it takes so long to get to the store, wait in line for change room, wait in line to pay. I'm not even including the ridiculous time to find parking or to even get into the lot from the local roads/highways.

Yorkdale should start charging for parking to discourage the insane jam that occurs in their lots. More people should take the subway or get on GO to get there.

Yorkdale should start charging for parking to discourage the insane jam that occurs in their lots.

So they now want to keep customers away? There's a reason they have such massive lots.

Parking prices with validated parking receipts on purchases over a certain amount may not be as ridiculous in 10 years

So they now want to keep customers away? There's a reason they have such massive lots.

After the Yorkdale garage opens in early 2017, there will be a commuter parking spaces available before the stores open. You'll have to pay to use though.

From link.

Underground electronic parking is complimentary up to 5 hours. After the initial 5 hours, the cost is $6 every 20 minutes, to a maximum of $35.00.

parking_map-v2.gif

VALET
To elevate your shopping experience drive up to our curbside valet which offers you the convenience and service that you expect from Yorkdale Shopping Centre.

Valet, $15; located on the South-West side of the shopping centre as well as a new location near the East Parkade entrance beside Nordstrom. Yorkdale Gift Cards can also be used for Valet.

When you have completed your shopping experience here at Yorkdale, please call our Valet service 5 to 10 minutes prior, in order to have your vehicle waiting for you when you arrive at the designated area.

Surprise! There is pay for parking at Yorkdale already.

Last edited:
You drive to Yorkdale just to eat at the food court? I don't think too many people do that.
In between work and home. Also the younger generation doesn't cook as much and I read an article once discussing the malls understanding that good food courts bring / keep people in malls but the mall knows people only have so much disposable income so it's a balance to keep people shopping. Quick Google search finds in 2010 7% of people went to malls just for food. I'm sure that number is up to 10%. If yorkdale freed up 10% of parking spots that would be a big deal.

http://m.nreionline.com/news/mall-owners-are-giving-food-courts-and-common-areas-facelift

Back