Toronto Yorkdale Shopping Centre | ?m | ?s | Oxford Properties | MMC Architecture

Hi, I am genuinely curious about the light hues in the mall corridors and how they are cheesy/tacky? They are a nice subtle touch (they are not cheap and fluorescent-like) and they are a nice pop so how is this light effect cheesy/tacky? If there was no color pop, people would say tge corridors are too plain and boring with no flair so I guess I am curious as to what people would rather see here?
I'm not a fan of the blue/purple myself, and do find its hue to be unnatural, garish, and tacky, simple as that. I don't think that anyone way characterizing Yorkdale's corridors before as being too plain and boring, so I'm not sure why we would be complaining if the blue/purple were missing here. For me, the "pop" should be mostly coming from the store exteriors, and if they are boring and too plain, then yes, we should complain in that case. (Not that we would ever all agree on what was too-dull/just-right/too-much anyway!)

Was at Yorkdale today... for a movie... by subway.

Avoided the lines for the sales. Liked the new stores (IE. Nordstrom).

Laughed at myself at all the cars trying to get in. As for those who complain that there should be more parking, why? There's a subway station right near the new store! And next year (2017), when the Line 1 extension into Vaughan opens, expect even more shoppers coming into Yorkdale (and Eaton Centre) by subway.

Hopefully, when they ever get around to make the Yorkdale Station more accessible (2019?) they'll widen the passage way to and from the mall. Today, that passage way was very crowded. When the extension opening, I'll expect that passage way will get even more crowded.

Wow. I prefer to shop with my keyboard than stay in such long lines everywhere. Why bother with parking or even taking the subway on such a crazy day. Same deals can be had online without all the fuss. :)

Wow. I prefer to shop with my keyboard than stay in such long lines everywhere. Why bother with parking or even taking the subway on such a crazy day. Same deals can be had online without all the fuss. :)
I prefer to shop in person but on these days we have computers for more than urbantoronto. What really boggles my mind is people waiting in line outside of apple when there are no sales.

Yorkdale station is "penciled" in for reconstruction and accessibility by 2019. Haven't seen any plans yet, though. If there are plans, please someone supply the link or links. Those steps have to be replaced and widened.

The online selection is usually better for these mall stores. You can get hit hard on shipping.

Back