Toronto Yorkdale Shopping Centre | ?m | ?s | Oxford Properties | MMC Architecture

Just a note to say that this thread is now just for changes to the shopping centre itself, and that posts related to the intensification of the Yorkdale parking lot area with new towers, roads, etc., have been moved to a new thread for the masterplan here.

Updating this thread with the announcement of the renovations happening to the food court and the centre part of the mall:

https://www.thestar.com/business/yo...cle_6a1571ec-e988-5258-82a5-f77f64c12ac9.html
The amount of space closed off right now is crazy. I really wish it would make Yorkdale and Eaton consider offering a bit more than just shopping (Yorkdale does seem to have more restaurants than it used to but nothing compared to malls internationally).

I really wonder about the pretty early closes at both malls as well, especially given people are going to be living all around Yorkdale!

The amount of space closed off right now is crazy. I really wish it would make Yorkdale and Eaton consider offering a bit more than just shopping (Yorkdale does seem to have more restaurants than it used to but nothing compared to malls internationally).

I really wonder about the pretty early closes at both malls as well, especially given people are going to be living all around Yorkdale!

It also does not help that Yorkdale is perpetually under construction.

Chipotle has been boarded up it was open 2 weeks ago maybe renovating or couldn’t afford the lease anymore

Chipotle has been boarded up it was open 2 weeks ago maybe renovating or couldn’t afford the lease anymore

I am not surprised honestly.

With the way the mall has changed in the past decade or so, I would expect to see more high end restaurants and less fast food outlets like Chipotle, A&W or New York Fries.

Chipotle is also highly overrated.

They are renovating......but who's talking the Loaded Perogies spot as they have closed permanently.

Back