Toronto Yonge Sheppard Centre Renovations and Expansion | 123.13m | 35s | RioCan | BDP Quadrangle

Longo’s on 2nd floor seems to be finished with HVAC, main plumbing, main electrical, walls, most flooring, most painting,.... looks like they’re already starting to install store shelves (inside of the vertical Longos signage) - a mid-July opening looks do-able

Large Longo’s signage on Yonge frontage above Basil Box signage went up last week - not lite up yet,...

Last edited:
Good article on the redo of the complex.

IMG_2646.JPG

A peek into Longo's
IMG_2639.JPG
IMG_2640.JPG
IMG_2641.JPG

Future Cactus Club Cafe
IMG_2642.JPG

Last edited:
Oh,... FLOCK opened today,....

I'm just not a fan of how they dealt with the moat - front door opens to stairs - that you'll have to climb to get into FLOCK,.... all other Yonge Street frontage restaurants (BasilBox, iQ, Five Guys, Sweet Jesus & Blaze Pizza) are at street-level. Also, these FLOCK'n stairs aren't accessible,...and the Mall's stairs next door aren't either,... there's elevator in the North Office Building next door (open business hours only) or you'll have to go to southern entrance next to BlazePizza to use ramp!

Interior design has nice clean lines throughout - bright & sunny inside.

The secondary entrance through mall is door to right of this image,... their door is really to mall entrance lobby VS mall itself,... this shot just gives you an idea of how high FLOCK is relative to street-level

Flock Chicken opened today and it's the only Yonge St. food unit with access from inside the mall. At 2,230 sq. ft., it's about the same size as Basil Box and Blaze Pizza. The decor is very plain with a small number of tables so I didn't take photos. The chicken was raised without hormones or antibiotics and is Halal.

Great update, appreciate the pictures.

I just love the green roof aesthetic. The bright green just brightens everything around it up. More buildings need them.

I also like the nice black aluminum cladding on the office towers, but I can't help and wonder if that colouring decreases energy efficiency on hot days?

Riocan has placed bee hives in 2 locations on the green roof; one is on the Longo's roof next to the north office building and the other is on the Yonge St. side. You might be able to buy limited edition honey in Longo's. There are workmen on the roof but the bees don't bother them.
DSCN0646.JPG

Tim Horton's re-opened today after months of renovation. Bright, new look, slightly wider, but no increase in seating.
DSCN0650.JPG

Back