Toronto Yonge Sheppard Centre Renovations and Expansion | 123.13m | 35s | RioCan | BDP Quadrangle

I walked by today and one of the construction doors was open:

igUh98j.jpg

That's the second floor hallway and the escalator in the middle.

YULwYiA.jpg

There's three of the large units (124-126) on the left, and there's a fourth "boutique" (or "P-Mall size" for some of you) unit, #128, that hasn't been built yet.

My two main observations are (A) that way more has been built than I was expecting, and (B) this mall is going to be weird. Aside from the escalators there seems to be no gap from the top floor to the bottom, and the walkway is very, very wide.

I walked by today and one of the construction doors was open:

igUh98j.jpg

That's the second floor hallway and the escalator in the middle.

Here's what this section should look like when it re-opens this summer,..... rendering from the exact same vantage point as first photo,... minus the giant lipstick and pinky ribbon,....

IMG_5692.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5692.JPG
    IMG_5692.JPG
    819.5 KB · Views: 501
From your vantage point, you can see the jerks holding up traffic trying to make a left onto Harlandale from Yonge. Even though there is a "No Left" sign erected.

Walking around this area is like being on a white-knuckle thrill ride. Endless beeping, countless inattentive and reckless drivers (and some pedestrians), and enough traffic to choke every lane, all day every day. Thank god for Doris and Beecroft.

That photo makes this area look like a run-down, gritty, smouldering pile of rubble. :)

So I take it that crane is for the 39 storey tower?

Maybe? AFAIK construction on the rest of the complex isn't supposed to start until they finish the Yonge frontage of the mall, which is scheduled for sometime this summer. I'm also not sure where the new loading bay (east of the current one) factors into all this, and that needs to be completed before the residential tower can be built above it (and before a supermarket can open up in the mall).

Back