Toronto Yonge Sheppard Centre Renovations and Expansion | 123.13m | 35s | RioCan | BDP Quadrangle

NEW RETAIL UPDATE:Five Guys burgers and fries is moving into the 2,000 sq. ft. unit that Chipotle left.

This is great news -- when I lose all self respect, they are my favorite burger. And I lose all self-respect at least 1-2 times per month.

Flock Rotisserie, Basil Box, IQ Foods, Five Guys, Blaze Pizza and Sweet Jesus icecream. They should be open late spring. Start working out to get ready for the foodie road trip.

Man, we are gonna have some awesome food choices up here. Flock, Five Guys, and Blaze will be able to subsist on my business alone.

Today:
South side

26058505948_4c90179685_b.jpg

28150955779_9b04c392cd_b.jpg

26058504978_ac23669000_b.jpg

The cladding is going up lately. It's... not the ugliest at the corner of Y&S, but it's pretty damn close. Weren't they going with black though? What they've put up is almost all white, except between the third and fourth floor windows.

The cladding is going up lately. It's... not the ugliest at the corner of Y&S, but it's pretty damn close. Weren't they going with black though? What they've put up is almost all white, except between the third and fourth floor windows.
Nope,... that white stuff is called snow.

IMG_0988.JPG

IMG_0974.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0988.JPG
    IMG_0988.JPG
    219.8 KB · Views: 969
  • IMG_0974.JPG
    IMG_0974.JPG
    247.4 KB · Views: 1,071
Last edited:
Heard RioCan approached LCBO,... LCBO didn't commit and now no room left for LCBO,... hearing it's getting nasty between LCBO and Metro,....

Here are some new renderings. The office buildings look great finished in black.
Sheppard Centre.jpg
Sheppard side.jpg
Sheppard Centre Bistro.jpg
Retail.jpg

Attachments

• Sheppard Centre.jpg
    Sheppard Centre.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 962
  • Sheppard side.jpg
    Sheppard side.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 1,069
  • Sheppard Centre Bistro.jpg
    Sheppard Centre Bistro.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 1,016
  • Retail.jpg
    Retail.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 974
Took a quick look through the YongeSheppard website but I couldn't find updated information about the construction timelines?

Anyone in the know have an idea? I understand the rental tower will be completed last.

I think the tunnel connection to Madison Centre was supposed to reopen Fall 2018, too?

I agree that is a significant improvement, it was not a good use of space and unappealing as a place to linger- except for the odd smoker. I usually don't mind exposed concrete and don't like the idea of covering or painting over it, but the design of these office blocks does work well with the dark finish.

Back