Toronto Yonge Sheppard Centre Renovations and Expansion | 123.13m | 35s | RioCan | BDP Quadrangle

Saw the Tim Hortons was closed but not sure when or why.

Howdy howdy,.....

Tim Hortons undergoing major renovation, demolishing some walls for expansion with much larger lounge seating area and café pantry area behind counter,....

Tim Hortons reopen maybe about 3 months?

Starbucks will open in Yonge-Sheppard Centre shortly thereafter,.... then Yonge-Sheppard Centre will have Tim-Hortons, Starbucks and Second Cup all under one roof.

Last edited:
Five Guys recently opened on Yonge frontage

Any update on when the Longos is expected to open? Last I heard it was Spring 2019 so should be relatively soon.

Also walked past Blaze Pizza here the other day and got to take a peak inside. Looks like everything is all set up and will probably be opening shortly.

Any update on when the Longos is expected to open? Last I heard it was Spring 2019 so should be relatively soon.

Also walked past Blaze Pizza here the other day and got to take a peak inside. Looks like everything is all set up and will probably be opening shortly.
The digital billboards in the mall say Longo's will open in summer 2019. There will also be a Starbucks in or next to the Longo's.

Spring 2019 Longo opening was from 2 years ago; last fall they pushed it back to Fall 2019.

Mid-January, I already predicted Longos Summer opening around July based on start of interior store construction/renovation

Here's UncleMeat's photo the recent Longos Summer Opening digital billboard DB13 is referring to:

Blaze is schedule to open this Friday; they had training last night - stay tune

Mo has baked his last pretzel. They failed to cover their overhead, cut their losses and ran. They sold a lot of $2. pretzels on Tuesdays but sales were weak the rest of the week at $3.99. There were 3 staff to cover Tues. and 2 on regular days, At $14./hr., plus monthly lease costs, utilities, supplies and royalties; it quickly adds up.
The only consistent winner is Riocan. I think the next store to leave will be GNC; always empty.

Mo has baked his last pretzel. They failed to cover their overhead, cut their losses and ran. They sold a lot of $2. pretzels on Tuesdays but sales were weak the rest of the week at $3.99. There were 3 staff to cover Tues. and 2 on regular days, At $14./hr., plus monthly lease costs, utilities, supplies and royalties; it quickly adds up.
The only consistent winner is Riocan. I think the next store to leave will be GNC; always empty.

?This is awful! But I guess I'm not surprised. Thanks for the info!

Blaze is schedule to open this Friday; they had training last night - stay tune

Blaze Pizza is open now,.... look closely at the window!!! Grand Opening Celebration is on Saturday! FREE Pizza!

Here's what on the window,... Blaze Pizza Grand Opening Promo - Show them you follow Blaze Pizza on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and you get a free 11" pizza on Saturday, March 16 - 11am to 10pm

Things are not going well for some stores and food court units. Low foot traffic is hurting and some are operating at a loss or just breaking even hoping sales will increase when the mall is completed, big anchor tenants like Longo's and Cactus Club Cafe are open and the Pivot building will add a lot of people to the mix. The food court looks full at lunch but not everyone is buying. Some people are bringing their own lunch and sitting with friends. Three units are for sale; Mo's Pretzels, Pot Belly Sandwiches and Jimmy the Greek. I'm watching Basil Box and I.Q. Foods. High menu price points and low traffic are not a good mix. Five Guys makes a good product but at $9.03 for a regular 2 patty burger, time will tell.

Things are not going well for some stores and food court units. Low foot traffic is hurting and some are operating at a loss or just breaking even hoping sales will increase when the mall is completed, big anchor tenants like Longo's and Cactus Club Cafe are open and the Pivot building will add a lot of people to the mix. The food court looks full at lunch but not everyone is buying. Some people are bringing their own lunch and sitting with friends. Three units are for sale; Mo's Pretzels, Pot Belly Sandwiches and Jimmy the Greek. I'm watching Basil Box and I.Q. Foods. High menu price points and low traffic are not a good mix. Five Guys makes a good product but at $9.03 for a regular 2 patty burger, time will tell.

I've noticed this too. I wondered why Basil Box and IQ don't have internal access to the mall. It's only a few steps, but only having outside access seems quite limiting.

Any one know how the L.A. Fitness is doing?

I've known this mall since my partner used to work in the Cineplex Theatres. It doesn't seem like the foot traffic is any less or more since then, but the construction must have had an impact.

Looking at the fundamentals, the old rental buildings contribute to the mall being full with families, children, and seniors using the space, which I think is great. Pivot will hopefully bring many more to the mix.

I wonder how the office buildings are doing? That might be a critical assist or detriment. Same for the future Longo's.

Then there's the tunnel that connects to the Madison building. I know it's a mess in terms of ownership, but despite its horrendous state there's always a trickle of people moving back and forth.

Finally, the outside environment with six lanes of traffic leaves a lot to be desired. If ReImagining Yonge ever happened that might stand a chance of improving it.

Back