Toronto Yonge Sheppard Centre Renovations and Expansion | 123.13m | 35s | RioCan | BDP Quadrangle

Customer Appreciation Day at What a Bagel today! 6 free bagels!

WHAT A BAGEL - CUSTOMER APPRECIATION DAY - FREE BAGELS!

You meant well when you said "opened" on Fri. but the only thing that happened was the hoarding was removed on Thurs. Any other retailer would have had staff training on Fri. or Sat. or Mon. and Tues. Not this outfit. Not one employee has been seen in this unit since its reveal. The owner must have deep pockets because he's had the lease for about one year. I've been in contact with the owner since last Aug. and his response was always "should open next month." It will cost you $9-$10 for a protein topped large baked potato. I think people will try it once, find better options and then they'll be gone within one year.

Potbelly Sandwiches has been removing all their equipment this last week and the unit has already been leased to Tacoritto, maker of fine tacos, burritos, quesadillas and bowls. They have 7 locations around Toronto and should do better than Potbelly.

Tacoritto, maker of fine tacos, burritos, quesadillas and bowls.
Maker of the worst tacos I've ever had. Like the saddest Chipotle clone but not even worthy of the comparison

Have to be honest, curious to see how this will turn out. I think even more businesses need to be in the area to make it work.

This tower and 4800 Yonge will certainly help bring more foot traffic to the area, along with the new Longo's. Restaurant options in the neighbourhood have gotten much better in the past 5 years and we need more density to maintain and build that momentum. I'd like to see Yonge and Sheppard evolve into a mature urban hub much like Yonge and Eglinton (minus the LRT construction), but we need to hit a critical mass of non-car-dependent residents.

4800 Yonge has 150,000sf.. that's not insignificant. Will probably end up housing 1000-1500 employees.

At the end of the day the office market is crap in NYCC. Doesn't matter how much you build if you can't fill it - and the vacancy rate is pretty high right now.

You meant well when you said "opened" on Fri. but the only thing that happened was the hoarding was removed on Thurs. Any other retailer would have had staff training on Fri. or Sat. or Mon. and Tues. Not this outfit. Not one employee has been seen in this unit since its reveal. The owner must have deep pockets because he's had the lease for about one year. I've been in contact with the owner since last Aug. and his response was always "should open next month." It will cost you $9-$10 for a protein topped large baked potato. I think people will try it once, find better options and then they'll be gone within one year.
I was pretty disappointed when i went down to potatopia and it wasn't actually open - any word on when copper branch is opening?

Need more office space and usage to really make it work. No sign of that beyond scraps (4800).
I meant the residential component of 4800, but I agree. NYCC definitely needs more office space to diversify commuting patterns and add some life during weekdays. However, the economics just aren't there as the area is not a highly desirable location for office space for some reason.

4800 Yonge has 150,000sf.. that's not insignificant. Will probably end up housing 1000-1500 employees.

At the end of the day the office market is crap in NYCC. Doesn't matter how much you build if you can't fill it - and the vacancy rate is pretty high right now.
This tower and 4800 Yonge will certainly help bring more foot traffic to the area, along with the new Longo's. Restaurant options in the neighbourhood have gotten much better in the past 5 years and we need more density to maintain and build that momentum. I'd like to see Yonge and Sheppard evolve into a mature urban hub much like Yonge and Eglinton (minus the LRT construction), but we need to hit a critical mass of non-car-dependent residents.
I don't even think a full built out sheppard subway would save it at this point, the rents are just too high in the city.

Blutoothbetti:
Copper Branch should open approximately Fri. Apr. 26. They may be more competition for Freshii, Basil Box and IQ Foods but C.B. has a higher average price point.

There are only 2 things that would really help NYCC: One is when the downtown core proper finally caps out of available office space (which wont be happening anytime in the near future) or the second is when Toronto transit finally completely bursts from it seams and cant handle the immense load of commuters coming into the downtown core. The 2nd scenario is much more likely to happen first before the 1st.

Currently, firms are flocking to the downtown core and the only thing that would even give them a second thought is if they see that their employees are unable to commute to get into work. Only then would they start considering secondary nodes like Midtown and NYCC.

Back