Toronto Yonge & Rich Condominiums | 156.35m | 46s | Great Gulf | a—A

April 7, 2020:

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1724.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg

This is forming into a Jekyll & Hyde kind of building here. I appreciate the south and east sections that have the patterned white perforated balcony motif. But the north and west sections with the mint toothpaste wraparound balconies are becoming increasingly fugly. Especially the visual impact from a distance.

This is forming into a Jekyll & Hyde kind of building here. I appreciate the south and east sections that have the patterned white perforated balcony motif. But the north and west sections with the mint toothpaste wraparound balconies are becoming increasingly fugly. Especially the visual impact from a distance.
Yassss mommmaaa!!!

the white balconies look fairly nice, i just hope they don't rust and give us that lovely shade of brown that no one asked for.

The podium glass itself is quite decent, but the overall slate grey precast paneling still leaves it with a cold street presence. A warm red tone, as originally depicted in its renderings, would have gone a long way in being a substantial upgrade. It also would have done better in correlating with the historic neighbouring building at the south corner along Victoria.

Back