Toronto Yonge & Rich Condominiums | 156.35m | 46s | Great Gulf | a—A

On second read, I suppose I do come off as a bit of a prick. My apologies, rough day.

Anyways, they also showed trees on the top amenity level in the earlier renderings as well:

urbantoronto-7181-24139.jpg

I get your point about simply trying to convey green-space but including them just seems a bit disingenuous (and a bit stupid) to me.

Disagree with what exactly? That you can have large, mature trees survive that high up?

Alright, sorry not a rendering, but a photo of the scale model. It doesn't matter, both are the developers representation of the finished project.

Who in their right minds would believe large mature trees would grow on the roof ... and btw, its not an issue of wind whatsoever, its the roots of the trees ! They cause enough trouble when building on top of underground parking.

Lotsss of people, including most buyers.

So these just never happened then?

20090918-062-Vancouver.jpg

building_RoofPark2.jpg

roof2.png

2338835164_1032bedab0_z.jpg

urbantoronto-3157-9155.jpg

a7ca16a7-a97a-4dd2-a03a-6ee6f963f037.jpg

img3801m.jpg

Not trying to rabble rouse here but saying this sort of thing never happens is just as silly as saying it happens everywhere.

@PE: I never said it never happens. Some buildings put a ton of work into making it work. The last photo is of a brand new building (not yet quite completed) that makes a HUGE effort to ensure that mature trees will grow on its terraces, so of course it will work in a case like that. (Though its renderings were way over the top as well and it will never look like what was promised).

I highly doubt it will happen here on the rooftop terrace at Yonge+Rich. I guess we'll see but I think it's just marketing schtick, not an actual architectural feature of the development.

If you turn your screen a full 90 degrees, tilt it to a very sharp angle, look at it upside-down through a mirror, and drink three martinis in quick succession, the balconies in the render almost seem to say "If You're Reading This Message, It's Too Late.."

This building can't happen too soon. That's one of the crappiest areas in downtown. Which is strange considering how close it is to the core and the subway.

Who in their right minds would believe large mature trees would grow on the roof ... and btw, its not an issue of wind whatsoever, its the roots of the trees ! They cause enough trouble when building on top of underground parking.

My building had 30 footers on the roof until roof work resulted in them being removed. In 20 years hopefully the new ones will be back to the same height.

That seems a little fast for Great Gulf, given how sluggish they were on starting their other projects. Could it not just be soil sampling equipment, or sales centre construction?

That seems a little fast for Great Gulf, given how sluggish they were on starting their other projects. Could it not just be soil sampling equipment, or sales centre construction?

It’s definitely not the start of construction. A sales center representative recently told me that construction would begin in a approximately one year.

Back