Yonge & Rich Condominiums | 156.35m | 46s | Great Gulf | architectsAlliance

ptbotrmpfn

Member Bio
Reaction score
They can do whatever they want.
So it would seem. Thought this was obvious to everyone now that ‘those with the big money’ and are high up always do. Sigh.

This design is great. The podium.. meh. Over all nice and can’t wait to see at least its silhouette on the skyline. We’ll see how it actually turns out. But being this large I would think whole ever is paying for it all wold want their name un tarnished. With a landmark as this. And its neighbour. Say what ya want, but I really like Aura. And hope this tower compliments it nicely. At the very least in the colour of the glass. Shape is great.

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Don't know if this is still true but condo balconies used to be "exclusive use" public space (condo corp), so you never "owned" the balcony.
That is normally the case (maybe always) as an individual owner really could never do balcony repairs and one would not want each owner able to (for example) paint their balcony a different colour. "Exclusive Use, common elements" is the norm.

Reactions: AHK

AHK

Member Bio
Reaction score
That is normally the case (maybe always) as an individual owner really could never do balcony repairs and one would not want each owner able to (for example) paint their balcony a different colour. "Exclusive Use, common elements" is the norm.
As DSC indicates, generally (but not in all cases) balconies are exclusive use common elements. As such, they are not explicitly included as part of the purchase price of a unit, nor is do they normally factor in any square footage based calculation of the maintenance fees for a unit. Also the condominium corporation is normally responsible for any maintenance costs associated with a balcony (unless it can be established that the repairs were required because of damage or negligence by a resident). As an exclusive use common element, a balcony is not considered to be public space - it is not a POPS. In a few cases, I have seen, the square footage associated with a balcony has been included as part of the overall suite size. I am not sure if that is just marketing, to make the suite seem larger, and that when it comes to the purchase agreement, the actual calculation is based on just the interior size, or whether the balcony is an integral part of the suite being purchased.