Toronto Yonge & Rich Condominiums | 156.35m | 46s | Great Gulf | a—A

I was hoping this huge lot could be the spot for a huge office tower as a catalyst for extending the CBD east.. Oh well more condos.

I was hoping this huge lot could be the spot for a huge office tower as a catalyst for extending the CBD east.. Oh well more condos.

Don't forget that First Gulf - sister corporation to Great Gulf - undertakes office developments. I wouldn't necessarily count some office use out entirely.

Numbers 2, 20 and 26 Lombard Street (the older buildings east of Victoria Street ARE listed, as is 73/75 Victoria (the ex-Duggan Brewery).

See: http://www.toronto.ca/heritage-preservation/heritage_properties_inventory.htm

2 LOMBARD ST
Ward: 28 By-law: 854-88
Heritage District: N/A District Status: N/A

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 LOMBARD ST
Ward: 28 By-law: 531-82

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

26 LOMBARD ST
Ward: 28 By-law: 531-82

73 VICTORIA ST

75 VICTORIA ST

though I am disappointed that it is ANOTHER twin development on a site that should really be a single building, I am not too devastated as great gulf is not known for producing disastorous products. this should at least be better than average.

My understanding is it will be a single tower, October launch.

Insider sources tell me that Great Gulf will not be rebuilding Shea's Victoria Vaudeville Theatre which once stood on the site:

pictures-r-5617.jpg

photo-toronto-sheas-vaudville-theatre-se-richmond-and-victoria-tivoli-just-across-victoria-the-same-ontario-shea-brothers-built-sheas-in--1.jpg

It was pretty slim chances- it was demolished 50 years ago and has long since passed from public consciousness, so it's unlike a Empress Hotel situation.

Rebuilding the Theatre would have helped tie together the two stray streetfronts and the buildings on the corner, though.

Last edited:

Back