Toronto Yonge & Rich Condominiums | 156.35m | 46s | Great Gulf | a—A

I dont know if it's the angle or condovo's photography, looks nice in the pic.
No I agree actually. As the cladding continues to go up I think it keeps getting better. It's not amazing but not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to turn out a few months ago.

It's a shame the balconies on the tower to the right aren't offset like they are in the render though. That really would've nicely fleshed out this project.

E condos albino sibling. Get ready for the vuvuzela sounds once the winds pick up!
Hmmm, why you feel this condo will suffer from the same serious issues as E condos?

From what I understand, this project is a different builder, different design and different location – not a fair comparison. While I'm not a huge fan of this building (and some of their latest work), GG doesn't have the same track record as Bazis and E condos was an isolated incident, unless I'm wrong? the Harbour Plaza twin towers isn't apples to apples, but fairly close and never suffered the same "vuvuzela sounds".

May 23, 2020 - Topping out

0EB28CB5-D6CD-46CE-B446-70962D4BA1E0.jpeg

Attachments

• 32B17442-CE04-438E-B7D9-D115468E30E4.jpeg
    32B17442-CE04-438E-B7D9-D115468E30E4.jpeg
    231.6 KB · Views: 318
Hmmm, why you feel this condo will suffer from the same serious issues as E condos?

From what I understand, this project is a different builder, different design and different location – not a fair comparison. While I'm not a huge fan of this building (and some of their latest work), GG doesn't have the same track record as Bazis and E condos was an isolated incident, unless I'm wrong? the Harbour Plaza twin towers isn't apples to apples, but fairly close and never suffered the same "vuvuzela sounds".

I mean i was partly joking but a similar fate is possible given the similar perforations in the balcony cladding that have created the whistling sounds at Econdos. If anything, it might be more likely for that situation to occur here as builders tend to learn from previous mistakes. I'm sure after Bazis had that issue with Econdos they will be extra careful when choosing materials. Similarly, Great Gulf will probably avoid curved balcony glass for the foreseeable future after the hassle of One Bloor East.

Back