Toronto Yonge & Rich Condominiums | 156.35m | 46s | Great Gulf | a—A

Taken March 21, 2020:

IMG_1512.JPG

IMG_1511.JPG

IMG_1490.JPG

One thing I noticed is that on the left tower, the balcony shape is supposed to be alternating every other floor but in reality, it's just the same balcony space on every floor....

In case anyone wanted a reminder of how this was supposed to look. From the 2013 Architectural Plans. I personally am really annoyed that they switched the ground level to black precast / stone compared to the shade closer to the heritage buildings.

View attachment 236183

One thing I noticed is that on the left tower, the balcony shape is supposed to be alternating every other floor but in reality, it's just the same balcony space on every floor....

Nice catch. I'm sure the residents will be happy with larger balconies.

The motif will certainly look striking and will look much better from afar. Too bad for us living nearby, it's a schizophrenic jumble from up close.

Are they going to paint the underside of the balconies, or would they have done that already? That would at least bring this stinker marginally closer to the renders.

the province just halted construction of non-essential projects with the exception of nearly completed projects, does anyone think this would be classified as nearing completion?
Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 2.32.23 PM.png

Last edited:
the province just halted construction of non-essential projects with the exception of nearly completed projects. do anyone think this would be classified as nearing completion?
Didn't hear about near completed but did hear that residential projects that have the proper permits and are off the ground should be OK to move on.

Didn't hear about near completed but did hear that residential projects that have the proper permits and are off the ground should be OK to move on.

Correct; this is the relevant exemptions text:

Residential construction projects where,
  1. a footing permit has been granted for single family, semi-detached and townhomes
  2. an above grade structural permit has been granted for condominiums, mixed use and other buildings, or
  3. the project involves renovations to residential properties and construction work was started before April 4, 2020.

Back