Toronto YC Condos -- Yonge at College | 198.42m | 62s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

This is the worst new podium on Yonge Street. It’s squat, dark and opaque. So far the only retail is a credit union. A few anonymous entrances and a dead wall of dark glass. WOW, how did this rubbish get approved?

the worst part is the contrast between this garbage heap and the beautiful historic buildings to the south such as college park and oddfellows hall

the worst part is the contrast between this garbage heap and the beautiful historic buildings to the south such as college park and oddfellows hall

You've got to wonder how some practitioners AND developers are so deficient that they failed to take cues from graceful heritage structures nearby and come up with such dreck. Others seem to have been able to build just as dense and tall (right next to it) without being such aesthetic disasters.

AoD

The clutter of volumes at street level are basically nuts (not a G+C fan of course)... but I'm strangely interested somehow... and orange is the new black. Tower looks good.

(omg I just back-handed a compliment to G+C. But I have a "doctor consultation" soon so may be able to explore these unexpected comments ;-)

Even sunset does nothing to help this building.

48762592847_ad732926c0_k.jpg

Back