Toronto YC Condos -- Yonge at College | 198.42m | 62s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Today.
IMG_2988.jpg
IMG_2987.jpg
IMG_2986.jpg
IMG_2985.jpg
IMG_2984.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2988.jpg
    IMG_2988.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_2987.jpg
    IMG_2987.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_2986.jpg
    IMG_2986.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_2985.jpg
    IMG_2985.jpg
    467.8 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_2984.jpg
    IMG_2984.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 361
It's pretty bad. For a bit there I was really optimistic because the podium forms were pretty intriguing. But all the grey spandrel and mullions. Yikes

That spandrel wall is outrageous. Facing directly onto one of the busiest intersections in...Canada. It's almost petulant in its disregard for complimenting the city and respecting public space.

The addition to the Oddfellows building will hide some of that awful spandrel mess facing College St.

I really don't understand TPTB in Toronto sometimes. Their greed, callousness, negligence and merciless disregard for their own city is not just shocking, but also dumb, visionless and ultimately self defeating. Making the city ugly depresses real estate values and affects the bottom line you dummies!

You'd think that any sort of successful city planning would involve at least some minimum standards in building design and quality of materials.

All this spandrel mess in the city is the governments fault..

Developers are going to do what they do is supply units onto the market to meet what the demand is asking. If the demand is asking for cheap units.. it's on the city planning who should be doing what they do and plan the city better by demanding quality materials and quality designs(I know designs are subjective but we already have a DRP that seems to be more worried about the height of a building than how it would actually look in real life).

Back