Toronto YC Condos -- Yonge at College | 198.42m | 62s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Surely Oddfellows Hall is designated and entirely safe, I wouldn't worry about that. More condos on Yonge Street, that's something I worry about.

If a major development goes in here, the proposal for 501 Yonge won't look at all out of place.

Wow...501 Yonge, 460 Yonge, Gloucester Mews (2-8 Gloucester + 601-613 Yonge), 906 Yonge, all in the last 3 months
add this to 21 Grenville, Nicholas, Five, One Bloor, 42 Charles, and you have one big area going through a major transformation.....expect much more to come.:cool:

Wow...501 Yonge, 460 Yonge, Gloucester Mews (2-8 Gloucester + 601-613 Yonge), 906 Yonge, all in the last 3 months
add this to 21 Grenville, Nicholas, Five, One Bloor, 42 Charles, and you have one big area going through a major transformation.....expect much more to come.:cool:

I was just thinking this! Manhattanization, alright! I sure hope this doesn't kill Yonge's street pressence!

If OF is "part of an assembly", it's more likely for air rights purposes than anything.

My prediction: the Hydro building on Carlton will join this cluster. The building is designed to support 10 more stories, and there is a parking lot on Wood.

If my math is correct, 460 Yonge is only 19,000 square feet. less than half an acre.

so, a quick calculation at 20 times coverage would net about 38 storys (10,000 sq ft floorplate - 19,000 sq ft floor plate would of course mean 20 floors).

Maybe it is part of an assembly? or maybe its to be an office tower in which case maybe 38 floors is enough?

FYI - Oddfellows site is only 7,600 sq ft and while a likely candidate for an assembly, doesn't add all that much to the scale of things - unless you want PATH access? - I wonder.

perhaps they are looking to acquire oddfellows just to use the density (20x) but not touch the building?

what are the dimensions of the lot for 460 Yonge?

Yonge Street is gonna get dark yo! (all the sunlight will get blocked from the street)

Yonge Street needs more very bright LED signage to compensate for the loss of natural sunlight... I hope the city planners are thinking about this.

From my iphone last night

photo-79.jpg

perhaps they are looking to acquire oddfellows just to use the density (20x) but not touch the building?

what are the dimensions of the lot for 460 Yonge?

460 Yonge
126 ft on Grenville
151 ft on Yonge

450 Yonge
126 ft on College
60 ft on Yonge

There is then an allyway west of these two parcels - owned by the city I'm sure.

I think a desity transfer would be a great option for Oddfellows because in so doing they would make it unattractive to future developers - it wold give it an added form of security.

Oddfellows is an example of a building that must be saved. Does anyone know if it is on the "Historical Buildings" list?

I'm sure this buiding isn't part of the development - at least I hope not.

Agreed.. and to answer your question the building is designated heritage under the Heritage Act

please, please be a supertall! maybe 10 floors of office and 70 floors of condos? adding up to around 310 meters? if that were to happen, it would be awesome!

Hahaha...the panic has started regarding the heritage site..next, why are such tall buildings being built on Yonge street.. finally, the design sucks, podium is to large, etc, etc. lol:D

^ LOL, have we become that predictable on UrbanToronto? :p

I really like the idea of a density transfer if that is what it will take to give Oddfellows that extra 'insurance' it needs to remain untouched in future development. Also, if the City allows Candrel to build their tower right up to the property line on the north side of Oddfellows, it would make any future tall tower proposal to the south very unfeasible, from a tower separation point of view. Looking at the dimensions of 460, and if they intend to propose a podium to continue the height and mass of the Oddfellows building further north, then a setback tower may have to be built close to the Oddfellows property line to give them adequate setback from both Yonge and Grenville.

I also like the idea of a combination office/condo. Let's see what Canderel has in mind however, I hope it's big! :D

Last edited:
That certainly is a pretty crappy plaza.

What's crappy about it? It's nothing to put on a postcard home to Mom but it's hardly offensive, the retail is great and includes one of the last pubs left on Yonge Street between Gerrard and Bloor that actually draws people over to Yonge Street after 10pm. Think a bar will replace this once a condo goes in? No. Probably a copy shop and dry cleaner. The Baystreetification of Yonge Street continues.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Last edited:

Back