Toronto YC Condos -- Yonge at College | 198.42m | 62s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Today.
20180615_163435.jpg

Attachments

• 20180615_163435.jpg
    20180615_163435.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 503
we need more setbacks on buildings. Does anyone know why planning doesn't have any guidelines regarding that, the way new york does? At the current rate of construction, I feel like access to sunlight is becoming really rare at intersections, which is kind of a shame

Planning has guidelines that cover step backs, found in the Tall Buildings Guidelines. The plan for this building, IIRC, precedes the TBG coming into effect, however.

It will crumble and be replaced in record time?
Jokes aside, that's the last thing this building will do: it's got the most advanced earthquake protection system installed in it in the world, over-engineered for our situation, built as a bit of a showpiece for advancing technology.

I was in the neighborhood and up close to this hulky thing and believe me, it does not look good really up close. The whole building looks terrible with pale grey glass cladding. In fact the building looks dated already and lacks aesthetic details.

Back