Toronto YC Condos -- Yonge at College | 198.42m | 62s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

This and Massey will have a currently underrated impact on Yonge. Two 200m towers, should be awesome when complete.

Comparing the street level impact of this tower with Massey? Ha this is an invite for retort. While one will have a positive impact the other not so much.. but I will withhold my judgement until YC is complete and retail tenant announced.

Pic was taken today, from my phone:
jvCBY5x.jpg

It sucks how this thing blocks Karma from being seen at Yonge & Carlton. Both east/west window walls on Karma look soooo clean and well-executed imo.

The balconies on this project actually look pretty sharp (which im surprised by), but the non-balcony sections look horrid and really detracts from this project. It's clear Canderel didnt learn from their previous endeavors, and downgraded in virtually every aspect imaginable.

On a side note welcome to UT @Moonlyte, that's a very sharp picture you managed to grab!

Yeah the right lighting certainly helps too. I don't see this one benefiting from a bright summer sun...the darker photo above really makes the white balconies pop against the black ones.

Given its location on Yonge next to a lovely heritage building the base is a huge fail, I'm still not entirely sure how this is going to turn out but with that hash of spandrel it's not looking good. Compare it to Karma next door- a handsome highrise that also did a wonderful job at ground level.

Back