Toronto Y&S Condos | 130.77m | 38s | Tribute | Graziani + Corazza

I'm actually surprised G+C came up with this. The stepbacks don't look half bad. Well... It does have the impression of a 1990s plagiarism with some 2010s sheets of glass thrown on the podium.

If they do it along the likes of Selby - the "boxed" area towards the base would be totally acceptable. The glass volume at the corner would be tricky - and only certain design firms would be able to handle it well and keep it relatively clean looking (e.g. aA, S+P).

AoD

And this team ain't there. If you look at the elevations, all of the framing is to be aluminum panel and even the office and retail components aren't saved from window wall and spandrel. Yay.

And this team ain't there. If you look at the elevations, all of the framing is to be aluminum panel and even the office and retail components aren't saved from window wall and spandrel. Yay.

I am talking about best case scenarios - the stars clearly aren't aligned for it - but gawd, window wall for spandrel for office and retail? That's kind of low.

AoD

Man, I was walking by this building the other day thinking about how likely it would be to see it redeveloped.

Then I log in here and I see that there is a thread 3 pages deep already for the site! And I thought I was following everything in Midtown. Growth here never ceases to amaze me.

I agree with Maestro, the G+C renderings are actually not bad. The finished product might be quite a bit worse depending on materials as others have stated. Cautious optimism.

This being said, the site is hidden somewhat from the towers currently/coming north of it, and the Art Shoppe development to the south. The real big deal here is that they are keeping at least 6 storeys worth of office space, which is a huge huge blessing for the area that has already bled so much office in recent years.

Public meeting tonight; details from Matlow's latest newlsetter.

PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE: 2161 Yonge Street Development Meeting

This development application proposes to amend the Zoning By-law to permit a mixed use building that is 36 storeys in height including a 6-storey base building inclusive of office and retail. The proposed residential tower would contain 288 new condominium units and the 155 parking spaces will be provided below-grade.

This public meeting will take place at 7pmtonight (December 13th) at Glebe Road United Church, 20 Glebe Road East

To speak to the planner directly, please contact Alex Teixeira at Alex.Teixeira@toronto.ca or 416-392-0459 . Also, you may mail your comments to the planner at Toronto and East York District, 100 Queen St W Floor 18 E Toronto On, M5H 2N2.

They've specifically chosen an ampersand that looks like an E, so this would be pronounced 'yes' condos… but despite the fact that ours doesn't, I'll still put an ampersand in the title. Too bad I don't have another font to pull from that would express the intent.

PS (Actually the font we use for the database files and front page does have a ampersand that looks somewhat like a e… just not the one used in the forum.)

Last edited:
what difference is a floor going to make, should have left it at 36 floors.
Settlement offer was made public on the 8th. This has dropped to 35 storeys and 121 metres to the roof of the mechanical penthouse. Some changes to the floor plate size as well:

Back