Toronto XO2 Condos | 71.7m | 19s | Lifetime | Turner Fleischer

Quiznos is now closed. Vacant units have been turned into gigantic ads promoting XO2.

Quick cell shots below.

View attachment 370190View attachment 370191View attachment 370192
View attachment 370193

I would like to report my complete and utter shock that @kotsy would use a cell phone to take a picture.

I will duly note my absence of surprise that he managed to take that last pic with the sun at such an angle as to to have light reflected off the wrap he was shooting and glistening on the to the sidewalk and streetcar tracks with a measure of elegance which neither the wrap, nor the building are worthy of...........

I would like to report my complete and utter shock that @kotsy would use a cell phone to take a picture.

There's a saying that goes 'the best camera is the one you have on you' and it applies here :) Even though I live in the area, I felt this wasn't worth capturing with my proper camera.

I will duly note my absence of surprise that he managed to take that last pic with the sun at such an angle as to to have light reflected off the wrap he was shooting and glistening on the to the sidewalk and streetcar tracks with a measure of elegance which neither the wrap, nor the building are worthy of...........

While I'd like to take credit for the perfect timing on the lighting, it was a complete fluke.

There's a saying that goes 'the best camera is the one you have on you' and it applies here :) Even though I live in the area, I felt this wasn't worth capturing with my proper camera.

Far be it from me, to correct you; but might I say, I recall the phrase somewhat differently.............

"The Best Camera is the one wielded by a talented photographer"

Far be it from me, to correct you; but might I say, I recall the phrase somewhat differently.............

"The Best Camera is the one wielded by a talented photographer"

Can't say I've heard that one! Upon searching Google, there was actually a book with the title of my quote. Perhaps it's worth a read.

Have you actually tried the suspicious sounding, supposedly chicken-like, dill'ish product about which you appear to have a measure of excitement?
Harrumph - certainly not! Of all the fast food chains, BK has by far the worst nuggets.

XO2 Dron View Small.png

Hope this is a useful shot for others. Currently working on my XO2 location analysis video on youtube.

So what is this building officially considered to be? It's not really Liberty village, parkdale or queen west queen...

So what is this building officially considered to be? It's not really Liberty village, parkdale or queen west queen...
Google maps will show you that anything on King St. - east of Dufferin is considered Liberty Village. Further proof - The Canadian Tire has a big Liberty sign when you walk in and Longos considers their location Liberty Village too (according to their website). I do recall seeing promotional material calling XO1 "Liberty Village West" but it's clearly Parkdale, as it is west of Dufferin St.

Google maps will show you that anything on King St. - east of Dufferin is considered Liberty Village. Further proof - The Canadian Tire has a big Liberty sign when you walk in and Longos considers their location Liberty Village too (according to their website). I do recall seeing promotional material calling XO1 "Liberty Village West" but it's clearly Parkdale, as it is west of Dufferin St.
xo1 is parkdale for sure, seems like xo2 is in no man's land. it's close enough liberty village to used in the marketing materials though. Not sure if it should marketed as an liberty village development though lol

Today is Burger King's last day.

Pet Valu is closing by the end of of April and relocating to the other side of the street (inside The Toronto Carpet Factory building)

Wash World Coin Laundry will close by late March and relocate further east to Jefferson St (across from Lamport Stadium)

So it's looking like demolition will likely commence in May.

Quick cell shots below.

PXL_20220315_230105759.jpg

PXL_20220315_230038377.jpg

PXL_20220315_230159433.jpg

PXL_20220315_230242521.jpg

Today is Burger King's last day.

Pet Valu is closing by the end of of April and relocating to the other side of the street (inside The Toronto Carpet Factory building)

Wash World Coin Laundry will close by late March and relocate further east to Jefferson St (across from Lamport Stadium)

So it's looking like demolition will likely commence in May.

Quick cell shots below.

View attachment 385525

View attachment 385524

View attachment 385526

View attachment 385527

According to the City's website, there are no demolition permits applied for at this address.

Oddly, the New Building application has been made.

May is possible, but they need to put a rush on their paperwork!

Back