Attachments

• X2 March 30.jpg
    X2 March 30.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 296
  • X2 March 30A.jpg
    X2 March 30A.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 316
The crane at X2 today, looking south

Hello folks. Would anyone know when the big concrete pour will take place? I noticed that the western portion are all full of rebarbs but not sure what exactly is going on at the eastern portion. Are they close to pouring the concrete or is it still a long ways to go? Many thanks.

Hello folks. Would anyone know when the big concrete pour will take place? I noticed that the western portion are all full of rebarbs but not sure what exactly is going on at the eastern portion. Are they close to pouring the concrete or is it still a long ways to go? Many thanks.

I am not so sure there will be a 'big pour'. From what I can see in the preceeding picture, it looks like the footings for the foundation are already in place, resting on bedrock - which if so, a floating slab foundation would not be required.

There will be a big pour on the west side of the site where the 49 floor high rise is going,the picture is deceiving as it does not show the west part of the site,they have been laying re-bar for more then 3 weeks on that side,pour should be in the next week or so.

yeah, I've been noticing that big re-bar cage when walking by everyday, wondering when the massive amounts of cement would come. Kind of reminds me of U-Condos not long ago.

today there was a city of Toronto truck that had the words spill investigation or something like that on it...don't know if that is routine or whether there was an incident.

Looks like the "big pour" is happening right now. There are two Pumpcrete machines on site.

X2-11-05-2012x.jpg

Last edited:
The big pour will start tomorrow morning,they are setting up the pumps for the concrete trucks

Walkman is one of my favorites right now. I love his designs. Better than AA as far as I'm concerned.

Back