X2 Condominiums | 161m | 49s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

AHK

Member Bio
Reaction score
Alas, the blue crane has arrived on site...
/QUOTE]

Not sure what the meaning is here - that the crane has arrived on site, or that it is a blue crane? If the concern is over the colour of the crane, as Deng Xiaoping freed up China with the quote: 'It doesn't matter if a cat is black or white, so long as it catches mice.' .....

Xray_Crystal_Junkie

Member Bio
Reaction score
Not sure what your meaning is here - that you like to criticize for no apparent reason, or that you like making pointless posts? If the concern is over the description of the crane perhaps you should go take pictures yourself and add your own take.

Thank cruzin4u for the update!

dt_toronto_geek

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Alas, the blue crane has arrived on site...
/QUOTE]

Not sure what the meaning is here - that the crane has arrived on site, or that it is a blue crane? If the concern is over the colour of the crane, as Deng Xiaoping freed up China with the quote: 'It doesn't matter if a cat is black or white, so long as it catches mice.' .....
cruzin4u provided a descriptive line of text to accompany his photo update, there's no deeper meaning than that. Good grief.

cruzin4u

Member Bio
Reaction score
No worries. I was just suggesting a blue crane had arrived (infact, it's blue and white - I was wrong). I didn't have to mention the fact it was blue in the post, but I figured I'd play off the "colourful crane talk" that was happening in the U Condos thread. No harm done :). The crane is about installed, except for the weights. Monday we'll start seeing some some serious progress in terms of construction. Thanks everyone!

67Cup

Member Bio
Reaction score
Are you using a telephoto lens in those crane shots? (I hope!) I know negotiating crane swing agreements is always part of the construction process, but that proximity is amazing!

Allandale25

Member Bio
Reaction score
Are you using a telephoto lens in those crane shots? (I hope!) I know negotiating crane swing agreements is always part of the construction process, but that proximity is amazing!
No, it's taken with my blackberry from my balcony. No zoom.

whatever

Member Bio
Reaction score
Wow, I wonder what the noise will be like for the next year. I've been in the cabs of tower cranes but never out on the end of the jib. I wonder if you'll hear much from the trolley and/or block rattling around

Kahlua17

Member Bio
Reaction score
Now that the crane is in place, the site is very busy today. Deliveries of rebar and cement have been going on all morning. The rise of X2 has begun.