Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

This is another building that my camera hasn't given the time of day to since it was built. Its always been nothing more than a head-turning drive-by for me. So I headed out on my bike today with X as my main objective. Glad I did.

May 27:

7283924146_46eabf7382_b.jpg

7283920638_a2db88f4c1_b.jpg

7283930806_13238c84ba_b.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful pics Bruvyman!!!! X is certainly on my top 10 fav list of condos built during this boom. Like a cross between Trump New York and The TD Centre with splashes of color. Usually twin tower designs seem banal to me, but I can't wait til X2 is built!!

Beautiful pics Bruvyman!!!! X is certainly on my top 10 fav list of condos built during this boom. Like a cross between Trump New York and The TD Centre with splashes of color. Usually twin tower designs seem banal to me, but I can't wait til X2 is built!!

Thanks! Btw, these ones were single exposure. My bungee webbing broke and I couldn't strap my tripod to my bike today! Was forced to lay off the HDR habit...for now.

Police rescue man clinging to side of X Tower in his underwear

man_on_ledge_inset.jpg.size.xlarge.promo.jpg

Toronto Star

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...ng_on_apartmentbuildings_23rdfloor_ledge.html

Wearing only his underwear, the man, in his 30s, climbed out from a 23rd-storey apartment in a building on Charles St. E. near Jarvis St. just before 1 p.m.
“The drugs were making him think something was going on in the apartment building that wasn’t actually happening,” Staff Sgt. Dan Crosby of 51 division said. “Either the apartment was on fire, he was trying to escape, something of that nature.”
Crosby said police suspect the man was high on methamphetamine.

This is one lucky man - http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...ng_on_apartmentbuildings_23rdfloor_ledge.html

I had a very close friend who, over a period of two or three months began to suddenly decline mentally (he didn't do drugs) and refused any treatment. Much the same as above, he thought people were in his condo, tried to escape by climbing through the window of his solarium and met a tragic fate. The story above brought back that sad memory, but thankfully this has a much happier ending.

I don't believe that drug addiction has anything to do with income levels. Yes, there are down-and-out zero income addicts willing to steal and rob to get their fix at one end of the spectrum, but there are high-functioning, high income CEO's and other well-educated professionals who can afford a lavish lifestyle and the cost of illegal substances at the other end.

We don't know this man's story and he may have just started using and still has a job. Least he didn't fall or jump...and maybe he can get some proper help now.

Back