Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

Just curious. The developer was originally intending to occupy the 44th Floor of X(1). As such, the ceilings were 11'. They started promo of X2 and stopped discussing X1. I came in to discuss X1's Le Corbusier model (705Sq St West facing model). My recollection was that it was initially $429K, then went up to something in the range of $449,900. Don't know where it ended up. It was a @705 Sq Ft 1 bed + den (don't know if that included balcony). West Facing 44 (good luck with that, with most Asian buyers - don't tell me you don't know about the number SI, i.e. 4?!). Extraordinary floor. My problem (as with most new builds right now) is that I don't want to watch my fridge purr during my fave TV show, or hear my dishwasher blind out my TV show... Or course X2 will block the CN tower to the South. Still, has anyone bought this unit (nostalgia!). End of story - glad I skipped out on this purchased given the outrageous amount of the rentals without the buildings $$.

I can't speak for the pricing of the unit, as I am renting, but you WILL hear the fridge purr a bit. I do not use the dishwasher, but I'm sure you'd hear that as well while watching TV. Then again,... you will hear your laundry, you will hear your neighbours locking and unlocking their doors (I think the locks are prison grade or something) and if you have loud neighbours, you'll hear them as well. And don't forget all the construction noise. Is this "condo living"? It just might be. And if it is, then it is what it is. It was hard to get use to at the beginning, but now I take it all in stride. There is a balcony included in the unit as well.

Feb 23 from Rosedale
5474530627_a594dc6a29_b.jpg

5475130214_59b8b5c8c5_b.jpg

5475131492_e984c11cde_b.jpg

I've never seen X from that angle/distance before, it looks great! The colour slashes on the sun-drenched west facing side are also more prominent than I would have expected from a distance like this. I really hope that they don't cheap-out on X2. Two of these side-by-side will be a knock-out.

X filling up

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

May 21
5745487928_e419113ef8_b.jpg

5745366134_6d382584e6_b.jpg

5744815281_a7a67a28e7_b.jpg

5744816301_32673de0bc_b.jpg

5745356460_435e16a613_b.jpg

5745355336_e0e957b347_b.jpg

Those bollards are sure taking a beating and wondering what the cars look like after hiting them
5744808867_ee86f94165_b.jpg

5745463450_fd7d34b6e9_b.jpg

5744920003_f6f21b9857_b.jpg

5744804329_8b4a7ca939_b.jpg

5745342670_a852e07289_b.jpg

Last edited:
Sensational shots drum. I was going to take a series myself in a week or two once the trees have full foliage but they're pretty much there now. I don't see anything I don't like about this building, except the mechanical roof but I'm way over that. Why X isn't on Hume's list is beyond me, and Casa for that matter.

I took more photos than posted here, but some were washout due to the sun location. I miss a number of other shots for this project as well the most I shot on May 21, since they were never part of my original photo shot tour. I went overboard on my tour.

I find nothing wrong with the X even with the mechanical roof compare to some I have seen. I still prefer to see brick being use on some of the building as well some of the older styles of past gone buildings that had class for them. One class building looks the same as another, even with different colors.

As for Casa, not on the same scale as the X for some reason even though I have taken a far number of shots of it since it was built. Could be the balconies as they are continues compare to ones that are not or don't have any.

I try to do a final series of shots of a project a year or so after completion, to allow for those final touches to be added. Even then, they are a few I still take shot of as they appeal to me like 1 King St years later.

May 21
Those bollards are sure taking a beating and wondering what the cars look like after hiting them
5744808867_ee86f94165_b.jpg

The good thing about those bollards (chromed out pillars) is that they are hollow inside. So for those lucky few that managed to hit them probably would not sustain much damage to their vehicles at all. Now if they were concrete inside, it would be a different story. I guess the designers assumed people would hit the pillars and thus left them hollow inside? I am not too sure. What I do know is that it is a tight squeeze getting in and out of the underground garage.

The good thing about those bollards (chromed out pillars) is that they are hollow inside. So for those lucky few that managed to hit them probably would not sustain much damage to their vehicles at all. Now if they were concrete inside, it would be a different story. I guess the designers assumed people would hit the pillars and thus left them hollow inside? I am not too sure. What I do know is that it is a tight squeeze getting in and out of the underground garage.

from the looks of it, they should have kept them solid concrete

No kidding, it is indeed a tight squeeze and ridiculously so! I don't understand how the entire ramp can be so barely wide enough to fit two small cars. My anxiety raises to a peak everytime I need to get in and out of the garage!

Back