Toronto Worklofts + Flatiron Lofts in the Film District | ?m | 11s | Lamb Dev Corp | Core Architects

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
http://www.worklofts.ca/

filloftz2ky4.png

filmloftzao0.png

Is this in the Filmport area? Where exactly is the Film District?

Commisioners and Lower Don Way - basically the end of the Keating Channel, east of the Portlands redevelopment area.

Its a nice design and of medium height, but it is definately not part of the Filmport concept. There are no condos or residential within the Filmport project in the Portlands. It must be somewhere else in the city -- not the waterfront, where only Eastern Bay Front and West Don Land areas are to have residential development.

This is a nice building? Its bland, boring and uninspiring. Possibly the only redeeming quality is that the building is curved, other than that, what makes this special? Also, I got the impression that the Portlands Area mandate was to push better and higher standards with regards to architecture, design and urban planning...This is certainly not an example of that.

p5

^That is certainly an overreaction. Why does a modest building with modestly priced units need so desparately to be special or full of expression?

I don't think it is an overreaction, but the building is not bad, either. All that remains to be seen is how it will be situated. I hope they take advantage of the big curve when plunking this one down, otherwise, what's the point?

There's been a neighbourhood in Toronto called "The Film District" for many years now (I think they even have their own neighbourhood street signs), and now Filmport has gone and confused everyone. The film district is not in the portlands, it's along Eastern Ave.

Back