Toronto Worklofts + Flatiron Lofts in the Film District | ?m | 11s | Lamb Dev Corp | Core Architects

Architecturally, these are excellent buildings that substantially enhance the sense of place at this intersection and potentially for the neighbourhood. The architecture of these two buildings effortlessly moves between early Modernism, sculptural mid-century expressionism, 1960s International Style, and even rigid 1970s Modern geometry. Yet it doesn't seem busy or overdone.

The space between the buildings is not owned by Brad or the City, that is why it was not developed. I beleive Atria owns it.

The renderings kept showing some sort of thoroughfare between these two buildings, be it a street or walkway. The flatiron style only works if the present open space between the two buildings is maintained and opened up to people.

WorkFlatironAerial750.jpg

Lamb Dev Corp / Core Architects / The Walsh Group, source

The space inbetween is the ex-railway right of way. I believe it was transferred to the city as park, but it might be still owned by CN. There was some agreement that was done wrt to the strip to make it into a park, but I don't recollect how or who.

Last edited by a moderator:
19 May 2013: I like checking out the project a year or so after completion--greenery, clutter on balconies etc. Note the retail--subway, nail salon & a realtor. Funny how ppl think they're moving into a hipster 'hood only to find out their very act destroys it. :p
rps20130520012930.jpg

rps20130520013315.jpg

rps20130520013121.jpg

rps20130520013024.jpg

rps20130520012827.jpg

rps20130520012731.jpg

Last edited:
I think there must be some kind of law, that all new condos in Toronto, must have a Subway shop. (it appears to be mandatory and I believe it was Rob Ford who came up with the idea, bless his tiny heart)

I think there must be some kind of law, that all new condos in Toronto, must have a Subway shop. (it appears to be mandatory and I believe it was Rob Ford who came up with the idea, bless his tiny heart)

It's been well established that he is a KFC man, too many vegetables in a sub.

But I shouldn't be encouraging this...

Back