Toronto Westlake Encore | 146.3m | 45s | Onni Group | P + S / IBI

^^ I think what he meant to say is that it's absolutely maddening how much sh*itty development has come and is still coming to the area.
+1.

The best developments around this area to date are: Palace Pier, followed by those 2 towers across the street from Star Condos. Star Condos aren't so bad themselves. All the subsequent developments after the 3 I mentioned are abysmal. I'd rather have the old SNC Lavalin offices in place compared to all these Westlake developments.

Do you mean Beyond the Sea condos? There are no Star condos down there.

Meanwhile, thanks NBGtect for navigating the seas of "encore" for us. Without your wisdom, we'd all be rudderless here.

Meanwhile, thanks NBGtect for navigating the seas of "encore" for us. Without your wisdom, we'd all be rudderless here.

No worries, but yes it's so true how dumb some posts are. Some people don't realize that there is this online resource called the "internet" to look up words like "encore". It's just the fourth and final building here ;)

Do you mean Beyond the Sea condos? There are no Star condos down there.
That's what I meant, and for all this time I was under the impression it was called Star Condos for some reason...
But in any case, Westlake (asides from the podium) has been a big disappointment. I expect Encore to be even worse.

That's what I meant, and for all this time I was under the impression it was called Star Condos for some reason...
But in any case, Westlake (asides from the podium) has been a big disappointment. I expect Encore to be even worse.

It's safe to say you are disappointed with 90% of condo projects during this boom?

It's safe to say you are disappointed with 90% of condo projects during this boom?
That 90% number is pretty accurate in terms of my thoughts of the developments around Humber Bay. In the city itself, i'd say the number is closer to 50%.

He does make a valid point. This entire area is seeing a tremendous amount of over development, which is causing many of the values of adjacent properties to free fall. Everything is a sad shade of green or blue - there is nothing that pops out. Westlake's renders were completely false, suggesting that we would see elements of the colour 'white' (god forbid - oh no, not white). This is a great area, but everything reeks of sub-par architecture. I guess seeing all the girls and guys in short shorts while rollerblading makes all the sub-par architecture worthwhile.

The architecture seems on par with other areas or better, though it looks better from the south along the waterfront than from the Gardiner. There's more variety than at CityPlace and a better public realm. The parkland is wonderful. You can commute downtown via the Martin Goodman Trail. I'd hesitate to invest here because transit is bad and the Gardiner is quite congested. The city should upgrade transit to support the community's long-term viability.

You can commute downtown via the Martin Goodman Trail. I'd hesitate to invest here because transit is bad and the Gardiner is quite congested. The city should upgrade transit to support the community's long-term viability.

City of Toronto's strategy to get people active and bike more!

The architecture seems on par with other areas or better, though it looks better from the south along the waterfront than from the Gardiner. There's more variety than at CityPlace and a better public realm. The parkland is wonderful. You can commute downtown via the Martin Goodman Trail. I'd hesitate to invest here because transit is bad and the Gardiner is quite congested. The city should upgrade transit to support the community's long-term viability.

If you wait till there's a GO, you'd need to pay more.

On July 11th.

DSC_6478.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_6478.JPG
    DSC_6478.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 898
Yesterday from ground level:

DSC03123.jpg

DSC03127.jpg

DSC03122.jpg

The Park Lawn access to Westlake seems to be via a bridge (especially noticeable below)… well I don't see the support on the north side, but it's holding up!

DSC03125.jpg

Attachments

• DSC03122.jpg
    DSC03122.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 814
  • DSC03123.jpg
    DSC03123.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 825
  • DSC03125.jpg
    DSC03125.jpg
    426.7 KB · Views: 817
  • DSC03127.jpg