DSC02140.jpg

Attachments

• DSC02140.jpg
    DSC02140.jpg
    840.2 KB · Views: 556
  • DSC02141.jpg
    DSC02141.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 498
The traffic is horn honking nightmare between those four buildings. People parking everywhere they are not allowed to, delivery trucks just stopped in the middle of everything, it's wild and loud. That's going to be the biggest issue for these buildings. That and the common element fees that mainly benefit the commercial spaces.

And.. First service.. can you pick a worse management company that's in the pocket of the builder?

Last edited by a moderator:
The traffic is horn honking nightmare between those four buildings. People parking everywhere they are not allowed to, delivery trucks just stopped in the middle of everything, it's wild and loud. That's going to be the biggest issue for these buildings. That and the common element fees that mainly benefit the commercial spaces.

And.. First service.. can you pick a worse management company that's in the pocket of the builder?

It's not so much an issue for those of us living here as it is with visitors / retail customers. I always use the North ramp in and out straight to the lights so I always avoid the entire ground level parking/drive through.

I don't mind this one. Hopefully a decent eatery will occupy this space. I doubt Onni will make a mistake on the retail here - they've done an excellent job next door.

Overall, since I now work mostly remotely during the week (and can travel off peak into the city for meetings) I quite love living here. The outdoor recreational options are second to none, the park network is excellent, I enjoy leisurely bike rides through High Park with minimal effort.... overall I see the appeal and why so many young people are moving here giving the area such vitality. Summers here are glorious and the waterfront parks are crowded.

Winters are unfortunately where the neighbourhood fails, but I think I see critical mass required to attract even more retail and restaurants in the coming years. That and the impending First Capital redevelopment which promises nothing short of a town centre - and they're very eager to have a GO station and streetcar loop on their property. They see the value.

Mimico has also cleaned up nicely over the past few years. There are now excellent restaurants and cafes.

tends to happen when you introduce 20,000 middle class incomes. There were issues when the area first started to redevelop, because it simply did not have the "critical mass" of population. Now if does, and you see companies trying to cash in, like First Capital. I'm really interested in seeing what they come up with.

I don't mind this one. Hopefully a decent eatery will occupy this space. I doubt Onni will make a mistake on the retail here - they've done an excellent job next door.

Overall, since I now work mostly remotely during the week (and can travel off peak into the city for meetings) I quite love living here. The outdoor recreational options are second to none, the park network is excellent, I enjoy leisurely bike rides through High Park with minimal effort.... overall I see the appeal and why so many young people are moving here giving the area such vitality. Summers here are glorious and the waterfront parks are crowded.

Winters are unfortunately where the neighbourhood fails, but I think I see critical mass required to attract even more retail and restaurants in the coming years. That and the impending First Capital redevelopment which promises nothing short of a town centre - and they're very eager to have a GO station and streetcar loop on their property. They see the value.

Mimico has also cleaned up nicely over the past few years. There are now excellent restaurants and cafes.

3 more retail coming courtesy of this project. I heard from a reliable source inside Onni that one tenant is a French Cuisine. I know that a lot of people here are not impressed of this whole Westlake Village project but we have to admit that this project contributed a lot to the neighbourhood due to the retail aspect of it. Can't wait to move to my new unit :)

Crazy how short South Beach is compared to its neighbours. Still by and large the best project in that cluster. Key West is looking pretty nice too. Wonder if there's enough room for Key West 2.

tends to happen when you introduce 20,000 middle class incomes. There were issues when the area first started to redevelop, because it simply did not have the "critical mass" of population. Now if does, and you see companies trying to cash in, like First Capital. I'm really interested in seeing what they come up with.

Whatever they build whether it's a retail shops or GO train station I'm fine with it as long as it's not towers of residential condos. There's enough density in the area already and we can not afford another tower of condos aside from the ones that were already planned.

Well, you won't likely be happy then, because there will assuredly be more condo towers. If you want the GO station, then you're going to have to take more density here of all kinds (except industrial).

I spoke with someone from the construction team and it sounds like the project is on track if not slightly ahead of schedule! That's a first for condos... Also, the top floor gym and lounge is actually the 46th floor. That's because the ground floor is technically the 2nd floor due to the orientation of the building along a slope toward the ravine.

Back