Toronto Westlake | 153.31m | 48s | Onni Group | P + S / IBI

It will be interesting to see what percent of the Shoppers will consist of groceries, compared to others. I'm sure they'll include a lot of PC products to committed customers.

It will be interesting to see what percent of the Shoppers will consist of groceries, compared to others. I'm sure they'll include a lot of PC products to committed customers.

Knowing that there'll be a 24/7 Metro next door, it makes sense not to go head-to-head on grocery and focus at what SDM does best. So I don't expect a large grocery section.

…except that there are a lot of people who will seek out Presidents Choice products, so I expect that this SDM will follow their new store model with beefed-up groceries.

Does anyone know when the second and third buildings are going to open? Also, what are the differences between buildings? Will they all share the same amenities and be connected underground?

I purchased a unit in Phase 2 on a high floor. Occupancy is end of July.

All amenities will be shared. I am unsure if there will be an underground connection among the 3 buildings (through underground parking levels).

My husband and I purchased a unit in Phase 3 on a higher floor as well. Our move-in date given is to be the end of July as well but our salesperson gave us a more realistic date for October or November. He confirmed that all 3 buildings will be connected underground. All of the retail stores will be reachable without having to go outside :) Also, I currently live in the area and have an amazing vantage point of the buildings if anyone is interested in updated progress photos.

As far as the Shoppers, I feel like having a main grocery area would be overkill with the Metro being right next door. I think this Shoppers should offer a larger technology/media section as well as a post office. They should also offer a wider range of beauty product brands.

I'm extremely anxious to move in! :)

Hi Nars,

Yes, we love photos! Please click away and then when posting, look for the icon with the tree in it. That will bring up a dialogue box that allows you to upload your photos. (You may need to downsize your photos to around 1000 pixels wide before uploading.)

My husband and I purchased a unit in Phase 3 on a higher floor as well. Our move-in date given is to be the end of July as well but our salesperson gave us a more realistic date for October or November. He confirmed that all 3 buildings will be connected underground. All of the retail stores will be reachable without having to go outside :) Also, I currently live in the area and have an amazing vantage point of the buildings if anyone is interested in updated progress photos.

As far as the Shoppers, I feel like having a main grocery area would be overkill with the Metro being right next door. I think this Shoppers should offer a larger technology/media section as well as a post office. They should also offer a wider range of beauty product brands.

I'm extremely anxious to move in! :)

Now that you mention it, I do recall seeing an elevator between SDM and Metro. On the ground level. It isn't under the tower so I believe it is strictly for access from underground to the above ground amenities.

And yes photos would be most appreciated.

e53zxcv.png

Sorry for the potato quality as well as a link, but here is my view of the site!

Would a breakfast restaurant be suitable for one of the spots in the urban village?

I am not sure a restaurant serving purely sit-down breakfast is a good idea. Maybe more of a grab-and-go? I can see people getting an bacon-egg-muffin sandwich and coffee on the way to work.

I am not sure a restaurant serving purely sit-down breakfast is a good idea. Maybe more of a grab-and-go? I can see people getting an bacon-egg-muffin sandwich and coffee on the way to work.

I was thinking that with no breakfast places in the area and well within walking distances from all the other condo's, it would serve as a good spot to have breakfast or lunch at.

From a recent evening, seen from The Queensway and across the Ontario Food Terminal site:

P1440427.jpg

P1440420.jpg

P1440425.jpg

Attachments

• P1440427.jpg
    P1440427.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 703
  • P1440420.jpg
    P1440420.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 703
  • P1440425.jpg
    P1440425.jpg