Toronto Westlake | 153.31m | 48s | Onni Group | P + S / IBI

Just came across this 'master plan' for Onni's Westlake lands, it appears that the original scheme at least was to built a 10 storey office building on the 10 Park Lawn site:

Westlake_overall.jpg

Source: http://onni.com/pdf/corporate_brochure.pdf

Updated Context Plan:
parklawnarea.jpg

Sweet.

I just received an email from Onni to schedule an appt for finishes selection.

June 18
36 Park Lawn has been stake out and hard to say if anyone is at home these days at 10 Park Lawn.
5851719198_dc6624d9e6_b.jpg

5851716358_38386b1e28_b.jpg

5851796908_4f98dc61b2_b.jpg

These buildings will be interesting to watch rise--will P+S rise to the occasion and provide us with something high class or will they be yet more typical copy-cat derivative boxes by an inferior firm (compare to Murano by aA?)

Really makes me wish Onni had used Wallman here--if QQ and Bathurst is Wallman worthy, why not here?

Wow...Four buildings over 40 storeys for that parcel of land
This project will create one big visual hi-rise impact to this area, also somewhere between all of this development down there someone has to be proposing/building a hotel tower.

Four? Where do you see a fourth tower over 40 stories?

This was posted on Page 8 and reported by Urbanation (posted by Travis);

"Onni has plans for a 4th phase of Westlake, the approximatley 40-storey, 500 unit building will be located adjacent to the first 3 phases."

I really hope this 4th condo tower gets rejected by the City and the OMB ... because the premise of the OMB approving the first 3 residential towers that we call West Lake today (which requires demolition of the existing office building) was that the lost office space would be replaced by a new office building at 10 Park Lawn (the northerly portion of the property) ... the last thing Onni should be allowed to do is to pull the carpet underneath the door after the fact ~

I agree 111% with Solaris. As great as it is that this area is getting a lot of new residential towers, there is limited amount of new employment opportunities. There is some planned for the Humber Bay Shores area that has yet to be built, but I think there should be more planned and protected.

Back