Mississauga Brightwater | ?m | 26s | Kilmer | Giannone Petricone

7505f5e5-81da-455e-bd71-1679b85f97ed_zpswrzvleou.jpg

64d71e76-8e0b-4e81-b02a-c3b474ee86ef_zps6vp5sunq.jpg

cc929c81-daf1-4870-9f41-f5a7d6c12c4e_zpswkyz6eaq.jpg

I find the density underwhelming for a site within a 15-minute walk or 5 minute bus ride to a GO station that's a 25-30 minute train ride to Union.
Unless they figure out how to move more people across the Credit River, this is plenty of density on this site. (They really need to solve the issue of the pinch point here: it's already bad!)

Unless they figure out how to move more people across the Credit River, this is plenty of density on this site. (They really need to solve the issue of the pinch point here: it's already bad!)

That is why the ward councilor and the locals want the LRT in a tunnel from the Port Credit GO Station, as well going east. We have look at taking the LRT by the original route along Port St and turn south where the stop was plan, but to continue south to get over the river by a swing bridge to deal with the boats. It would continue west to the centre of the site and turn north to allow it to go west as some future date since ridership doesn't justify one anytime soon.

The lack of a 2nd crossing between the QEW and Lakeshore is a major issue for all of the southern Mississauga including lack of another east-west road. There been a call for a bridge beside the Lakeshore Line either for bike-pedestrian or a 2 lane road with bike lanes. It would line up with the 2 streets on either side of the river. There is enough room to continue the road west of Mississauga Rd and connect to a local residential road. The east section would have to cut through the small GO parking lot to the one way street in front of the GO station and bend down to Park St to get to Hurontario St. That parking lot would go into the new parking structure plan for the current parking lot at Hurontario St.

Retail is not a big thing for this area, but getting a college or university is. Getting a grocery store like NOFRILLS into this area would be welcome to replace the one that is now close that will become a condo site.

Again, not everyone is going to Toronto from PC in the first place, but other areas of Mississauga. Currently, miWAY sees more riders coming from Toronto than going to Toronto these days, so say the city.

The current design for the site isn't close to what has come out of various focuses design secession to date and too car focuses. Sports fields are needed for the whole area, but lacking in this design as well access to a beach area.

Former Imperial Oil Lands at 70 Mississauga Road South

Community Meeting – June 8, 2017

West Village Partners are the new owners of 70 Mississauga Road South and they have prepared a draft master plan.

Inspiration Port Credit is hosting a community meeting on June 8 where the West Village Partners will present their draft master plan to the community (see details below).

The draft master plan will continue to evolve through the development application review process informed by input from the community, City and approval agencies. After this, the City will make final recommendations on the master plan and development applications.

Community Meeting Details:

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Clarke Memorial Hall, 161 Lakeshore Road West

6:30 – 7 p.m. Open House

7 – 8 p.m. Presentation by West Village Partners of their Draft Master Plan followed by Q&A

8 – 9 p.m. Observations and Next Steps

Site prep and remediation well underway as seen in this photo from this morning.
DJI_0007c.jpg

Attachments

• DJI_0007c.jpg
    DJI_0007c.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 770
I couldn't believe how driving by one day last week or the week before there was still the strong smell of petroleum after almost thirty years!

I assume that is because contaminated soils are being disturbed at the moment. I wonder how much remediation his'll be getting onsite, or how much will be trucked away to be dealt with elsewhere. I assume most (or all?) will be kept on portions of the site and capped.

Based on the photos, and also the flights I have done over the site, it appears that it is all being trucked away for remediation. I haven't seen any type of processing equipment on premises.

Not a lot of change over the last two months:
DJI_0156.JPG
DJI_0157.JPG
DJI_0158.JPG
DJI_0159.JPG

Attachments

• DJI_0156.JPG
    DJI_0156.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 756
  • DJI_0157.JPG
    DJI_0157.JPG
    295.6 KB · Views: 722
  • DJI_0158.JPG
    DJI_0158.JPG
    311.5 KB · Views: 724
  • DJI_0159.JPG
    DJI_0159.JPG
    327.3 KB · Views: 752
Not a lot of change over the last two months:
??? What do you mean... Looks totally different

Weird that there's so much standing water on the site now. Does that have to do with the contaminated soil being disturbed?

Seems that they've chopped every tree on site. I get that they'd do that for trees growing in contaminated soil, but what was wrong with the trees along the lakeshore rd side of the site?

Also, was the existing pond on the site natural? Are there plans to keep it?

what are they appealing exactly? what were they denied?
Applications can be appealed because a decision is not made within the allotted time, the planning act refers to this as "Council's failure" to make a decision. That appears to be the case as no recommendation report has been presented to council.

Back