Toronto West Harbour City | ?m | 36s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

Thanks for the updated pictures. Nice to see the progress !! A few updates - WHC Phase 2 seems to be down to 4 units available for sale based on their updated website. 1 2BR+Den, 2 PH's and 1 Townhouse. (By comparison, Phase 1 Seems to have close to 20 units available.) The market seems to like this building. I have also been told that letters will be going out to buyers over the summer pushing the move in dates from December, 2010 to spring 2011. I have recently been contacted by Paris kitchens to see if I want upgrades...

The delay is quite a disappointment. I thought the construction was progressing well and they would meet my move in dates of November 31st 2010 (6th floor tower)....

I am a phase 2 buyer but have not been contacted regarding upgrades yet, do you have a price list that you could send to me?

Thanks!

There will be another project in between West Harbour and Lakeshore/The Gardiner. There will also be new roads, landscaping, trees etc. The area will not look the same in 3-5 years. Try and think longer term.

New development will only take place to the north of West Harbour, separating it from the Gardiner. To the south, West Harbour sits directly beside the combined streets of Lake Shore Blvd. West and Fleet Street. Together those two streets make up over 10 lanes of traffic (including street car lanes). There's no way in hell I'd ever live in this place. Although to be fair, West Harbour sits directly next to Fleet street, which is much less busy than Lake Shore. That may decrease the possibility of cars crashing into units, but it will do nothing about the noise or the debilitating sense of alienation.

I don't know about living there, but the scale of the tall midrise podiums of West Harbour City and its new condo neighbours make Lake Shore quite grand at at point. It's befitting the boulevard near such lofty structures like the Princes' Gate.

this stretch will look a lot better once the trees grow a bit. Adding a slender median of trees all the way along Lakeshore drive would help the feel and pedestrian realm. Walking through the area, the noise from Lakeshore/Fleet is much louder than the Gardiner, especially at ground level.

I like to think of folks settling into this neighbourhood (and Cityplace and Liberty Village) as intrepid and courageous settlers of a new kind of high rise community in Toronto, and I hope these places turn out well. I agree with people like Adam Vaughn that encouraging more mixed family forms in these places by having a range of unit types will help a lot in promoting stability.

May 25 2010 update

Looks like precast is all up and windows are halfway on WHC2
Click to Enlarge

May 29 2010 update

View from Ontario Place - West Harbour City 1+2 in the middle
IMG_5169.jpg

The quickly changing Fort York neighbourhood.[video=youtube;CG_E5yGdBFk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG_E5yGdBFk[/video]

Back