Toronto West Harbour City | ?m | 36s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

Phase 1 isn't registered yet. Folks started moving in in January; I think they are anticipating registration in May/June? I believe there are about 10-15 units left in Phase 2.

Morning sun:

4428290420_592268a182.jpg

WHC Phase 2

West Harbour City - Phase 2 rising fast...

Tower + Podium
WHC2-3.png

Tower:
WHC2-2.png

Podium - Glass installed on 2nd level
WHC2-1.png

thanks kyuen ... looks like WHC2 is basically topped off (just awaiting for the mechanical penthhouse) ... certainly a nice compliment to WHC1 ~

in absence of the terracing on the north side ... WHC2 is far less interesting/beautiful (in terms of built form) than its counterpart --> WHC1

in absence of the terracing on the north side ... WHC2 is far less interesting/beautiful (in terms of built form) than its counterpart --> WHC1
Really?
I was just thinking that the visual play off of each building is quite refreshing compared to most other double condos in this city--including the absence of terracing on WHC2. Where the terracing ends in 1 is roughly the same height to the top as the entire height of 2. Makes an otherwise stubby building look quite clever. Anyways, to each their own.
There's lots of other visual plays off of each building that I'm only now seeing. Many of them small. Great details, Quadrangle has some talented dudes.
Love the shots btw Hypno. As always you get 1st prize.

Last edited:
WHC1 is an amazing building. Yes, it's precast, but it's still quite stunning as you drive by on the Gardiner.

In fact, the five towers in the general vicinity have really, drastically changed the landscape.

They look a lot less like the gates of Mordor now. Just a curious question: why town homes with street entrance fronting Lakeshore Blvd? Who really wants to step out of their unit and face the busy Lakeshore traffic without any kind of landscaping/barrier in front? And what about the possibilities of cars crashing right into the units? Why not retail? So many questions...

The townhomes aren't facing Lake Shore. They're behind, e.g. on the north side, of WHC. Also, WHC isn't directly on Lake Shore, it's on Fleet St.

The townhomes aren't facing Lake Shore. They're behind, e.g. on the north side, of WHC. Also, WHC isn't directly on Lake Shore, it's on Fleet St.

I meant the Live/Work units. You are right about Fleet Street. But Fleet street is really just an expansion of the LSB without any kind of real barriers between Fleet and LSB other than the streetcar track. Would be a different story if they are willing to narrow LSB and plant some tree between Fleet and LSB.

They look a lot less like the gates of Mordor now. Just a curious question: why town homes with street entrance fronting Lakeshore Blvd? Who really wants to step out of their unit and face the busy Lakeshore traffic without any kind of landscaping/barrier in front? And what about the possibilities of cars crashing right into the units? Why not retail? So many questions...

There will be another project in between West Harbour and Lakeshore/The Gardiner. There will also be new roads, landscaping, trees etc. The area will not look the same in 3-5 years. Try and think longer term.

Thanks for the updated pictures. Nice to see the progress !! A few updates - WHC Phase 2 seems to be down to 4 units available for sale based on their updated website. 1 2BR+Den, 2 PH's and 1 Townhouse. (By comparison, Phase 1 Seems to have close to 20 units available.) The market seems to like this building. I have also been told that letters will be going out to buyers over the summer pushing the move in dates from December, 2010 to spring 2011. I have recently been contacted by Paris kitchens to see if I want upgrades...

Back