Toronto Cherry House at Canary Landing | 50.32m | 13s | Dream | COBE Architects

I supposed it's the next step down from having it board formed. I'll still take it though, especially since it's red. <3
Feels more so like the fluting is a stylization technique from Cobe, as they use it on a few of their projects as well as on their buildings for Block 8. They'll probably reference the whiskey silo in Toronto to post-rationalize its contextualization here though..

Europahapenkopf Bremen by Cobe
050_cobe_ideas_bremer_exterior-5dc928f504c54_8bbcfeb7b41ac2ed88f315b213dc76aa.jpeg
160_cobe_ideas_bremer_exterior-5dc932e10c6eb_8bbcfeb7b41ac2ed88f315b213dc76aa.jpeg

Zech Haus by Cobe

150_cobe_zech_haus_stairs-5fdb26a9349a7_8bbcfeb7b41ac2ed88f315b213dc76aa.jpeg
COBE-.-Zech-Haus-.-Düsseldorf-afasia-1.jpg

I think this one is going to be all about the fine details and finishes - I don't mind that it's huge and I'm satisfied with how they've broken up the massing. It's tough to visualize but I'm trying to imagine it when the whole area is built out and it feels a little less isolated since it's going to be on its own for at least the foreseeable future (ot but does anyone have any intel on the jeep/acura/volvo dealership lands?)

A closer look at the plans / elevations does show some subtle differences between how each of the red podium volumes are treated.

The darker red portions seem to have a finer pattern on the vertical elements with the horizontal slab covers angled in to one side, while the lighter red ones have a more dramatic pattern on the vertical pieces while the horizontal pieces are v shaped (dashed lines in the plan indicate the profile of the horizontal precast panels)

Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 6.08.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 6.05.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 6.07.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 6.06.33 PM.png

I think this one is going to be all about the fine details and finishes - I don't mind that it's huge and I'm satisfied with how they've broken up the massing. It's tough to visualize but I'm trying to imagine it when the whole area is built out and it feels a little less isolated since it's going to be on its own for at least the foreseeable future (ot but does anyone have any intel on the jeep/acura/volvo dealership lands?)

A closer look at the plans / elevations does show some subtle differences between how each of the red podium volumes are treated.

The darker red portions seem to have a finer pattern on the vertical elements with the horizontal slab covers angled in to one side, while the lighter red ones have a more dramatic pattern on the vertical pieces while the horizontal pieces are v shaped (dashed lines in the plan indicate the profile of the horizontal precast panels)

View attachment 310950View attachment 310951
View attachment 310952View attachment 310953

I want nothing more than to see the Volvo/Acura/Jeep/Porche/Nissan dealerships along front street to be demolished and turned into residential. With the Ontario Line stop being proposed nearby (Front/Berkeley or King/Berkeley), it's only a matter of time. But this stretch of properties prevents the WDL from being connected to the rest of the city. As East Harbour and The Portlands get developed, it will be important for this area of the city to be built up and continuous.

The sooner projects come for these properties, the better in my opinion.

I want nothing more than to see the Volvo/Acura/Jeep/Porche/Nissan dealerships along front street to be demolished and turned into residential. With the Ontario Line stop being proposed nearby (Front/Berkeley or King/Berkeley), its only a matter of time. But this stretch of properties prevents the WDL from being connected to the rest of the city. As East Harbour and The Portlands get developed, it will be important for this area of the city to be built up and continuous.

The sooner projects come for these properties, the better in my opinion.
not to derail the thread into talks of car dealerships, but the status of those dealerships are all a little fluid.

- Volvo is about to build a flagship dealership at 300 Bayview (not too far away, corner of River and Queen E)
- Acura and Honda just moved into their location on Front a couple of years ago, which was purpose-built as a car service facility. doubt they are going anywhere anytime soon
- Jeep and Dodge will be moving into the car mall across the DVP within the next year, as far as i know
- Nissan/Infiniti will eventually be replaced by the First Parliament project or Metrolinx project? That still might be quite a bit down the pipeline
- Porsche owns the building at Front and Parliament. They purchased a few years ago and invested quite a bit of infrastructure into making it a DT flagship. The intensification of the area in the coming years may actually encourage them to hang around as a 'luxury auto sales in the trendy DT'

All this to say, car sales seem to like this area. They may be moving around, but if so not far away. Being at the intersection of Gardiner and the DVP, close to DT, bodes well for flagship downtown dealers, it would seem.

Feels more so like the fluting is a stylization technique from Cobe, as they use it on a few of their projects as well as on their buildings for Block 8. They'll probably reference the whiskey silo in Toronto to post-rationalize its contextualization here though..

Europahapenkopf Bremen by Cobe
View attachment 310930View attachment 310931

Zech Haus by Cobe

View attachment 310932View attachment 310933
Oh...a very belated thanks for posting that in the reply. Those look wonderful! /bows

Back