Toronto Oak House at Canary Landing | 162.61m | 46s | Dream | Henning Larsen

Current state
IMG_5665.jpeg

It looks like the building will be just rental units like Maple House to the north?
WDL 20 is expected to be 653 Apartments to rent and 255K Sq feet of commercial. Like Cherry, Birch and Maple, OAK is also 25% owned by Dream Impact.

MPCT-UN.TO is trading at under $7/unit and over $30 NAV. Earnings are released tomorrow (Monday the 12th)

MPCT also owns a portion of Quayside, Victory Silos, Zibi, LeBreton Flats, Scarborough Junction, 100 Steeles Ave, Forma, IVY Condos, Brightwater and More.

Huge high quality asset base being miss priced by the market IMO.

it’s so refreshing to see projects that aren't the same all grey/blue/green glass tower. I wish we had a brick tower era. Give me at least 5 years with red brick as the hot material in new condo towers.
Ever since the city went into some kind of grey paroxysm after the Opera House, we've got about twenty years of leaden-coloured builds to overcome. Personally, I'd love to see a moratorium on grey in Toronto architecture for the next fifteen years. Or allow it on no more than a quarter of a building's surface. Add mandatory colour and texture with brick, terracotta, tinted precast concrete, stone, and we could be on to something.
Putting up so much blue-grey stock in a northern climate with generally thinner, colder light is a set recipe for depression. It's done Toronto a great disservice. It's scientific fact that colour enhances mood. It's about time we got on it.

Back