Toronto West Block Est. 1928, The LakeShore, and The LakeFront | 130.75m | 41s | Choice Properties | a—A

It will be interesting to see if the current situation has an impact on that schedule.

What happens to the bits built under the Gardiner Expressway when it eventually rusts to pieces and caves in to be supplanted by a tunnel and at grade grand avenue. I predict that will happen but not under our present mayor.

19F293EF-7B9D-40F6-BA6D-BEE69F945233.jpeg

Slowly finding the beauty in this building. Standard looking Concord facade but keeping the original brick facade at the podium amps it up a lot. This is one building in Fort York that I’m looking forward to. I think it might shine and might change the mind of the neigh sayers.... Let’s see .

Last edited:
Slowly finding the beauty in this building. Standard looking Concord facade but keeping the original brick facade at the podium amps it up a lot. This is one building in Fort York that I’m looking forward to. I think it might shine and might change the mind of the neigh sayers.... Let’s see .
The brick portion of the development looks good because Concord had nothing to do with it ;).

I would have thought that the City might have fixed up the overhead Gardiner and the bents here before this new building was 'inserted'. It will surely be harder to do repairs now?

I would have thought that the City might have fixed up the overhead Gardiner and the bents here before this new building was 'inserted'. It will surely be harder to do repairs now?

Yeah... you are giving the city too much credit.

There is no magic cure for the Gardiner. Fixing this decades-old, exposed structure has long ago become a continuous process in a race against time to keep it safe and stable. It will continue to require tens of millions of dollars in upkeep until the fateful day someone decides it's time to pull it down.

Eeeeesh.
Somehow, in pictures at least, the project all kinda works together in the end.
And I say this as somebody who's been offended by those towers since the first day I saw the cladding go up.

Back