Toronto West Block Est. 1928, The LakeShore, and The LakeFront | 130.75m | 41s | Choice Properties | a—A

Wouldn't you be proud if you could consistently convince dumb people with lots of money to buy the crap product you sell without having to make an effort?
? Good point
Those poor owners should have done a quick check on Google reviews to see the quality of their buildings in CityPlace lol

From Norm Li’s Instagram (actually, the “Air Norm” division):

CA13A427-3687-4267-A264-9A4DABE739C1.jpeg

My goodness look at how proud Concord is with their trash product. Really now? A huge banner plastered from top to bottom of the entire tower?

That firm is the cheapest excuse of a developer i've ever seen in my life, and those 2 towers are among the worst towers ever constructed in this city. Maybe we should put their hashtag to good use?.
Concord removed the banner as of last week.

^I wouldnt be surprised if this cheap excuse of a developer probably got all the sales that they needed for the project. Unfortunately, most people really dont know about Concord's shoddiness until it's too late.

Although, I wish I could take some credit and say they took it down because many of us here on UT been calling them out ;)

tOrOnTo Is PaRk DeFiCiEnT...

The situation is abysmal downtown and it will get a ton worse. The Village alone has 9 football teams, 9 softball teams, tons of soccer teams, 100 in the tennis club, 100 in the swim club, water polo, track, etc. and every single one of them have to travel considerable distance to find a suitable place to play. One shouldn't have to travel 3km east to Riverdale to find a sports field and that's ram packed all day every day any way. When I played flag football, Cherry Beach sports field ws the closest one available. Want to stretch? The only thing available is Church Street school and technically its for children (and their parents) only. I'm already getting up a couple hours earlier so there'll be enough space.

You could install 3 football sized sports fields just for the Church/Wellesley community and every one of them would instantly get filled from dusk till dawn. The City keeps talking about how important park land, green/recreational space is but they've failed to deliver. The stuff they've built doesn't come close to what's needed. That lot directly south of Wellesley subway station is the last shot we have at providing sports fields for the community but I'll be shocked if they come through. They'll approve buildings on it instead. If that happens they can look to decisions like these as to why Toronto slips down the quality of life rankings. We're currently in the Top 10 (of global cities ranked) but won't stay there if things continue as they have.

Last edited:
The situation is abysmal downtown and it will get a ton worse. The Village alone has 9 football teams, 9 softball teams, tons of soccer teams, 100 in the tennis club, 100 in the swim club, water polo, track, etc. and every single one of them have to travel considerable distance to find a suitable place to play. One shouldn't have to travel 3km east to Riverdale to find a sports field and that's ram packed all day every day any way. When I played flag football, Cherry Beach sports field ws the closest one available. Want to stretch? The only thing available is Church Street school and technically its for children (and their parents) only. I'm already getting up a couple hours earlier so there'll be enough space.

You could install 3 football sized sports fields just for the Church/Wellesley community and every one of them would instantly get filled from dusk till dawn. The City keeps talking about how important park land, green/recreational space is but they've failed to deliver. The stuff they've built doesn't come close to what's needed. That lot directly south of Wellesley subway station is the last shot we have at providing sports fields for the community but I'll be shocked if they come through. They'll approve buildings on it instead. If that happens they can look to decisions like these as to why Toronto slips down the quality of life rankings. We're currently in the Top 10 (of global cities ranked) but won't stay there if things continue as they have.

There was already a proposal for 15 Wellesley East, the Green P lot. We had a thread for it too, not sure if that one died, it was Plaza Corp I think.

I agree it would have made sense to make that one a park.

Still might.

Though it's not large enough for a regulation soccer field.

Those are about 60m x 100

That parcel is around 37M x 110m.

15 Wellesley died, at least for the Green P part. It's now just the old Catholic Children's Aid site, without the parking lot atop the subway.

So there is still potential for parkification there. Makes quite a bit of sense too since it's city owned and on top of the subway, so expensive to build on.

All of the pocket parks springing up across the downtown are nice, but the lack of a single large multipurpose park in, or adjacent to, downtown Toronto is probably the biggest strike against the city--at least insofar as it's overall layout is concerned.

A rail deck park connected to the Fort York green space could provide a decent size urban space, albeit, a fairly narrow, fractured and heavily shadowed one.

The last great hope--if it ever materializes--for a great sprawling urban green space, walkable from downtown, is the current city island airport. When combined with the current park space of the islands it would provide around 700-800 acres of space, reachable by foot or ferry. (It must have generous land connections (tunnels, bridges or both) over both Eastern and Western gaps to count as an accessible, legitimate downtown park--as opposed to being an excursion.) That size would be in line with some other great urban parks like Central/Stanley/Mont Royal, etc...

But, if that eventuality never occurs, then we're kinda SOL in that department. And that's a bummer!

All of the pocket parks springing up across the downtown are nice, but the lack of a single large multipurpose park in, or adjacent to, downtown Toronto is probably the biggest strike against the city--at least insofar as it's overall layout is concerned.

A rail deck park connected to the Fort York green space could provide a decent size urban space, albeit, a fairly narrow, fractured and heavily shadowed one.

The last great hope--if it ever materializes--for a great sprawling urban green space, walkable from downtown, is the current city island airport. When combined with the current park space of the islands it would provide around 700-800 acres of space, reachable by foot or ferry. (It must have generous land connections (tunnels, bridges or both) over both Eastern and Western gaps to count as an accessible, legitimate downtown park--as opposed to being an excursion.) That size would be in line with some other great urban parks like Central/Stanley/Mont Royal, etc...

But, if that eventuality never occurs, then we're kinda SOL in that department. And that's a bummer!
You are conveniently ignoring the Toronto islands. It's a huge park adjacent to downtown.

You are conveniently ignoring the Toronto islands. It's a huge park adjacent to downtown.
Good point, however, I think it is inconvenient for people to get to that park:

1. ONE single entry point
2. Pay for the ferry
3. Wait for the ferry
4. Wait in line to access the ferry or be cut off
5. Limited time restrictions to be outdoors

Extremely busy in the summers and not practical/convenient for 100s of community sports teams, families, people with financial restrictions to pay for ferry, people with disabilities etc. etc. etc. to access

Rail deck park would be a lot more accessible and convenient and encouraging for the population to stay active and sporty.
Already serviced by all public transit and right in downtown with size big enough to relief many sporting activities while getting revenue for the City

Thoughts on stupidity here from Ken Greenberg:

That extra space would have allowed trees on the Bathurst frontage, in addition to much wider sidewalks.

What extra space? I don’t get what he is referring to. Do you mean the space where the jersey barrier and pylons are? If so, that’s not extra space. That’s Bathurst Street. It was just a lane blocked off for construction.

Back