Toronto West Block Est. 1928, The LakeShore, and The LakeFront | 130.75m | 41s | Choice Properties | a—A

Cladding continues to plague this project:
20181109_104254.jpg
20181109_104321.jpg

Holy shit...Concord really have blood on their hands with this dumpster fire. I wonder how mad we can really be though? This is technically in line with what they promised...

viewSupportingDoc (12).jpg

Last edited:
Holy shit...Concord really have blood on their hands with this dumpster fire. I wonder how mad we can really be though? This is technically in line with what they promised...

Though honestly we didn’t need this to convince us - as if Signature/Canada House didn’t do the job already,

AoD

There is a podcast with a Quadrangle guy, who claims that the prevalence of window wall construction is going to go away due to stricter energy efficiency standards imposed by the City. He was predicting that instead of floor to ceiling windows we will start seeing more of punched window designs and a range of exterior materials. What this building and Daniel's Waterfront prove is that we are simply going to see EVEN MORE CHEAP SPANDREL...
1542231620030.png

I went by the construction site tonight and was surprised by something. Apologies if this has been addressed before, but how did the city approve the creep of the condo podium under the Gardiner? I mean they just put up the podium almost up to the Gardiner support structure all the way underneath it. Is the Gardiner never going to be repaired/replaced/demolished? Is it made of everlasting materials that never need maintenance? How is this building not in the way of all of that in the future?
IMG_20181114_192735.jpg

I went by the construction site tonight and was surprised by something. Apologies if this has been addressed before, but how did the city approve the creep of the condo podium under the Gardiner? I mean they just put up the podium almost up to the Gardiner support structure all the way underneath it. Is the Gardiner never going to be repaired/replaced/demolished? Is it made of everlasting materials that never need maintenance? How is this building not in the way of all of that in the future?
View attachment 163787
The city doesn't actually own that land - they presumably just have easements across it for the Gardiner. You may remember that previously the old warehouse building went under the Gardiner with the support columns running right through the building.. It'll be maintained the same way this stretch always has. There are access and buffering easements to ensure maintenance can occur.

The city doesn't actually own that land - they presumably just have easements across it for the Gardiner. You may remember that previously the old warehouse building went under the Gardiner with the support columns running right through the building.. It'll be maintained the same way this stretch always has. There are access and buffering easements to ensure maintenance can occur.

Yes - there's a "buffer" area around each column all the way down to the foundation

h1Z6hCP.jpg

View attachment 163787
Maybe this type of thing will eventually cause it to be torn down as the complexity/cost of maintaining will be so high it's not worth keeping.

Back