Toronto West Block Est. 1928, The LakeShore, and The LakeFront | 130.75m | 41s | Choice Properties | a—A

the spandrel sucks ... yes ... surprised? ... not ...

the silver lining is ... at least it is not GREY ! (I agree the pastel baby blue is not the greatest)

What a mess. They should be penalized for mixing that color with the stone work that has to be put together underneath !

It's the developer: they set the budget. It's the developer: they set the budget. It's the developer: they set the budget. It's the developer: they set the budget.

Got it?

I'm not going to disagree with this as it makes perfect sense, but in custom residential (so, people with way less money) the architect usually overrides the client's budgetary considerations when making decisions based on finishes. It's usually the architect's way goes. I mean, there are discussions, of course, but usually, the architect gets what they want in terms of, say, exterior finishes.

I guess the difference being that the developers in this context are in it to maximise profit whereas a landlord is in it to have a beautiful (often times not beautiful at all) home to live in and their ego gets the better of them.

Also, yes, that is going to be one ugly facade once it's done. Just add it to the list of bland and dreary towers in this town. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Concord has done a great job at sucking the life out of the western section of the downtown core. They are definitely in the Top 5 for worst developers in this country.

Pics taken Sept 30, 2018

Ex5bHCV.jpg

vSW8Z1x.jpg

dALaWfY.jpg

HOJxXor.jpg

That is unadulterated trash!

I rarely offer opinions in those terms.

I have a point of view, but believe in perspective and in being respectful.

Taking that into account, this is wholeheartedly, unabashedly, incontrovertibly, unforgivably awful.

Just in case I wasn't clear. YUCK!
emoji_update_2017_10.png

^^^Lake Shore and Bathurst are like expressways down there. The existing condos haven't created vibrancy. These won't either.
This has a huge amount of retail in it and will become a bit of a neighbourhood focus. The Fort York area to the west is especially under retailed, this brings a grocery store and much more much closer to that community.

Not everything is about the looks..cant wait to see the vibrancy this development is going to create down there

It's a false dicotomy - vibrancy does not exclude aesthetic excellence. In fact, well executed buildings that is pleasing to the senses can draw people in above and beyond what density alone would offer.

AoD

Back