Toronto West Block Est. 1928, The LakeShore, and The LakeFront | 130.75m | 41s | Choice Properties | a—A

indeed mjl08 ... on the plus side this will blend right in :rolleyes:

Being so close to the water these towers boxy profile don't look like they belong here. At least make them slender if you're going boxy, with the slender portion facing the lake so they don't stick out too much from the lake view. Hopefully they are not as fat looking as they appear in the rendering.

I want to know how they are going to integrate the heritage billboards, since I don't see them in the renderings. Was there some disposition from the city to not require their replacement?

From: http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2013/08/loblaws-thinking-big-lake-shore-and-bathurst
"The existing billboards on the building, which also have heritage protection (not shown above, but visible in the image below) would be replaced in their current locations."

"Existing signage to remain in height, size & location"

Attachments

• existing_signage.png
    existing_signage.png
    323.5 KB · Views: 625
Somehow forgot about these.
Thursday Jan 14th:

IMG_1517 copy.jpg
IMG_1511 copy.jpg
IMG_1509 copy.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1517 copy.jpg
    IMG_1517 copy.jpg
    935.6 KB · Views: 1,288
  • IMG_1511 copy.jpg
    IMG_1511 copy.jpg
    768 KB · Views: 1,307
  • IMG_1509 copy.jpg
    IMG_1509 copy.jpg
    802 KB · Views: 1,334
Finally, this abandoned heap that has sucked the life out of the area is going to be history:cool:,
I'm looking forward to this new development that's going to bring much needed retail, office, and residences, to this dead zone

What?! This is the only part of the area that has any life, and it exudes more character than all the buildings nearby put together. It’s gorgeous.

Hey, this building was basically falling apart and not gorgeous, i collect vintage porcelain smoke and beverage signs, they are not gorgeous if they have chips all over them,

Regarding 'not much life'
i mean, this side of the intersection has very few pedestrians walking or jogging, very few people biking, no where to get a pop, coffee, or snack (unless you go to that useless gas station across the street), no food trucks or hot dog carts anywhere to be seen etc.
...Here we have an abandoned heritage building, that has occupied a huge chunk of the intersection and given very little back since the glory days..
I agree, It will be gorgeous once they rebuild it to its original form and occupy it:)

Last edited:

Back