Toronto West Block Est. 1928, The LakeShore, and The LakeFront | 130.75m | 41s | Choice Properties | a—A

I am assuming they have a different design philosophy, one that plays into maximizing utility to the developer and future condo-dweller.

Makes me think of Lanterra's developments. Not often praised for their architecture and exterior finishes, but often praised for their interior finishes and the amenities they provide to their residents.

At least Lanterra have a tendency to hire aA.

AoD

Suddenly? They've been around for decades and been producing crap on a regular basis for quite some time.. I wonder what the teams over at P+S and Kirkor do whenever they finish designing a project. I can't imagine they could genuinely look each other in the eye, smile and nod as if to say: Job well done, boys. With firms like HP, aA, Teeple giving us excellent work over and over, how can those firms above -- among others -- be honestly proud of the work they do? They're a repulsive joke in the architectural community and they must know it; or are they delusional and actually think they offer a quality product? Do they not observe the great work being done by other local firms and abroad? Are they only in the business for the money and not for artistic integrity? I can't fathom how a firm could design such utter garbage and be proud of it. No one holds P+S in high regard. Don't they care at all about having a positive reputation? I don't know how UT's news writers can publish stories for firms such as this without shooting snot across their monitors from hysterical laughter. It's sad to thnk that something as obscure and utilitarian as an electrical shed used to be designed with excellent attention to detail, and now massive buildings are often designed by people that probably studied architecture under Stevie Wonder. I guess it is true: Money corrupts and beauty takes a back seat to ego. Sad times we live in, but there is some hope that things are gradually improving. P+S, however, will stick to their formula of pinching hefties, followed by beef barley butt broth.
You know, that is really lazy and uninformed. You clearly don't have a shred of credibility when it comes to this industry. I'd try to craft a more nuanced response but I honestly don't think it is worthwhile.

“I don't know how UT's news writers can publish stories for firms such as this without shooting snot across their monitors from hysterical laughter.”
-Armour

I could barely save my own monitor from such a fate upon reading this amazing sentence.

Last edited:
You know, that is really lazy and uninformed. You clearly don't have a shred of credibility when it comes to this industry. I'd try to craft a more nuanced response but I honestly don't think it is worthwhile.

Please do... I believe that many here would be genuinely interested to read it.

2015-10-07 09.43.39.jpg
Dismantling in progress. Taken this morning. Hadn't walked there through there in a little bit and was surprised to see how much brick has already been taken down on the east side of the building.

Attachments

• 2015-10-07 09.43.39.jpg
    2015-10-07 09.43.39.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,434
Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say that's pretty iconic if they can pull off a misty/haze/ghost-looking complex that people can actually live in. Very cool indeed. When the fog rolls in across the lake it will disappear completely.

Now I'm looking forward to this!

Back