Toronto West Block Est. 1928, The LakeShore, and The LakeFront | 130.75m | 41s | Choice Properties | a—A

Before we all go off on a tangent discussing whether there is a difference in air quality near Gardiner or not, just remind yourself what our city looked like just a couple of decades ago during a good stretch of the summer:
1543027468548.png

Source: https://www.thestar.com/news/world/..._for_the_first_summer_in_decades_but_why.html

Good thing our new government got rid of the Drive Clean program that made the smog go away. Now the entire city can live right next to the Gardiner again.

As a layman, I'm not sure what spandrel is actually made out of, but in projects like this one, it reminds me of the type of plastic you would see on a fisher price toy.
I'm guessing it's common everywhere, but it feels like cheaper projects in Toronto really love it.
Spandrel is most often glass that has been painted on the side that's sheltered from the elements. Second most common type would be painted or powder coated aluminum. If the spandrel has a bit of a gloss on it, it's likely the back-painted glass, if not, it's likely aluminum. Either way, it's an opaque outer coat behind which one normally finds the typical components of a wall.

Does anyone know when they will start laying the bricks? Is it safe to assume the scaffolding on the west wall is for this purpose?

Does anyone know when they will start laying the bricks? Is it safe to assume the scaffolding on the west wall is for this purpose?
They could be laying brick right now for all we know. Yes, the tarped-off scaffolding on the west side is for that exact purpose. Who knows what wondrous/monstrous things are happening behind the tarps...

I noticed today that they are putting up scaffolding and tarps around the block where they will be reinstalling the masonry of the old Loblaw warehouse (corner Bathurst & Lake Shore). I assume they will work on this over the winter.

Back