Toronto West Block Est. 1928, The LakeShore, and The LakeFront | 130.75m | 41s | Choice Properties | a—A

Actually, I see your point, adma. I would not be opposed to such a sign if it were less junky looking. A neon sign could be intersting.

It's a Sobey's at Neo/Montage? Originally they talked about a unique grocery there didn't they? There is nothing unique about a store filled with the Compliments brand. Uugh!

^So true! But then maybe that's "unique" for the City Place neighbourhood.

With Sobey's going in at the Neo/Montage site, it would be interesting to see if Loblaws would still go ahead and open a location here. If both are opened up the area will be really saturated with the other Loblaws on Queens Quay and Dominion at Liberty Village.

There is also a large Longo's going into Maple Leaf Square.

With Sobey's going in at the Neo/Montage site, it would be interesting to see if Loblaws would still go ahead and open a location here. If both are opened up the area will be really saturated with the other Loblaws on Queens Quay and Dominion at Liberty Village.
I would LOVE to see grocery store saturation in the area. All we have within reasonable walking distance on King St. is a Kitchen Table (in the Summit apartments), Fresh & Wild (Hudson), and that Rabba in Cityplace. Which is great, if you plan to survive on over-priced dipping oil and Hostess Party Mix.

An update courtesy of today's Globe, Business section, real estate classifieds.

2310232937_5d863ed3c2_o.jpg

Thanks, 42!

Speaking of parking, I wonder where cars will park for this? Hopefully not a flat surface parking lot around the perimeter...

They may be planning for a parking deck above the first level. If the main level is 80,000 sq. ft. and three upper levels total 120,000 sq. ft. of leaseable space, as mentioned in this ad, it may be that the rest of the space on the upper three levels will be devoted to parking. Just a wild guess.

Loblaw's Lofts? Or does this ad mean they are only refurbishing the existing building and not planning to add to it? Too bad the "L" Tower already has a location...

They may be planning for a parking deck above the first level. If the main level is 80,000 sq. ft. and three upper levels total 120,000 sq. ft. of leaseable space, as mentioned in this ad, it may be that the rest of the space on the upper three levels will be devoted to parking. Just a wild guess.

OW - the ground floor is approximately twice the size of the upper floors, as it extends north, part way under the Gardiner, and the upper floors don't.

The city's report shows that Loblaw is planning for 527 parking spaces underneath the building and at the north end of the property under the Gardiner.

The whole building is to be replaced by a new structure, other than the west and south elevations which will be retained.

I really hope the prices at these new full-size grocery stores (Loblaws, Sobeys, Longos) aren't inflated here like that mini-Sobeys in Queens Quay terminal with Fresh & Wild prices. I'm sure they'll be close enough in proximity to influence each others' pricing.

LOL Good one. Check out (get it?) :)

Given Galen Jr.'s affiliations, "Spoke Club Lofts" has a nice ring to it

The recent article on Galen Jr. in Toronto Life mag. Castles in Ireland and Hounds with Royalty.

It's the farking Eaton's family all over again.

T & T is the better grocery experience.

Back