Wellesley on the Park | 194m | 60s | Lanterra | KPMB

kweku

Member Bio
Reaction score
This building has some serious curves but to be honest, I still believe FIVE St Joseph still reigns in that neighborhood
Five blows away every new building along the Younge Street corridor including I bloor East in my opinion.

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
March 27
More up on site from various locations and directions

isaidso

Member Bio
Reaction score
That orange-brown brick building was awful when it went up. With Wellesley on the Park rising its hideous appearance is magnified.

Last edited:

Rascacielo

Member Bio
Reaction score
I realized today that I enjoy walking on Bay (between Bloor and Dundas) more than on Yonge. It may be sterile, but the wide sidewalks and tall street walls feel big city, whereas the narrow sidewalks and (mostly) decrepit buildings and businesses on Yonge along the same stretch scream small town. That’s changing of course, and I do wish that the new condos going up on Yonge had better street fronts and more independent businesses rather than chain stores like Shoppers or banks

Isotack

Member Bio
Reaction score
Yonge Street needs to be closed permanently. Nobody travels in a vehicle on Yonge because they need to. Most just cruise on it. This is not an anti-car statement BTW. I think the King Street closure is stupid with few benefits.

WislaHD

Member Bio
Reaction score
I realized today that I enjoy walking on Bay (between Bloor and Dundas) more than on Yonge. It may be sterile, but the wide sidewalks and tall street walls feel big city, whereas the narrow sidewalks and (mostly) decrepit buildings and businesses on Yonge along the same stretch scream small town. That’s changing of course, and I do wish that the new condos going up on Yonge had better street fronts and more independent businesses rather than chain stores like Shoppers or banks
I've been doing this frequently.

Bay Street also offends the senses a lot less than Yonge Street.