Toronto Waterworks Building Redevelopment | 47.55m | 13s | MOD Developments | Diamond Schmitt

With all the hoarding down along the park, I had a close up look. This will be one of the two doors that open into the park. A lot smaller than expected.

IMG_4131.jpeg

This project could've easily turned out a disaster with the wrong materials. Luckily, quality hasn't been compromised and it shows. Does anyone know what the status of the park revitalization is?

This project could've easily turned out a disaster with the wrong materials. Luckily, quality hasn't been compromised and it shows. Does anyone know what the status of the park revitalization is?
Hi, I do actually. Here is a response from a City of Toronto representative for the matter:

"...The process of awarding the construction contract has taken longer than anticipated but we are in the final stages of that contract award. As soon as the contractor has a purchase order in hand, we will review the construction schedule with them and make that known publicly. The work onsite may still begin this fall, but I will know better soon."

I think there should be an update here soon:

https://www.toronto.ca/city-governm...velopment/st-andrews-playground-improvements/

While I adore this overall project, the massing on the north side is my least favourite. I wish there was a bit more depth to help break up this very wide wall of glass (but very beautiful glass).

St. Andrew's Playground Expansion and Revitalization Updates

Posted by Joe Cressy on October 16, 2020

Expanding and improving our existing green spaces downtown is critical, which is why I am thrilled that we are moving ahead with work on the St. Andrew’s Playground revitalization and expansion.

The parking lot to the west of the playground will become part of the park, and a new dogs-off-leash area (DOLA) will be constructed in the new portion of the park.

The construction contract for the revitalization has now been awarded. Work will begin in Spring 2021, which will allow the park to remain fully open throughout the winter.

St. Andrew's Playground will close for construction in the spring, as soon as weather permits, for an estimated 4-5 month period. Signage will soon be posted in the park with the construction notice.

Click here to learn more about the St. Andrew’s Playground Expansion and Revitalization.

Click here to view the concept plan and presentation from the October 2019 public meeting.

1603029342107.png

Back