Toronto Waterscapes | ?m | 30s | Biddington | Graziani + Corazza

If I read the rendering correctly...

thats no rendering :) ... just a shot I took of Explorer@Waterview while I was down there (since I like the building so much ;))

IMG_2255.jpg

Palace Pier (1978 left tower) and Palace Place (1991 right tower) have aged extremely well, especially given the fact the 'newer' tower is nearly 2 decades old ... and the views from these twin towers are unprecedentedly spectacular ...

if you look closely while walking in the area, Palace Place has nicer windows on the building ... but all in all, these two towers are certainly WAY ahead of its time in 1978 + 1991 respectively

amzaing shots Mike ~ top notch ;) ! thanks for sharing

if you look closely while walking in the area, Palace Place has nicer windows on the building ... but all in all, these two towers are certainly WAY ahead of its time in 1978 + 1991 respectively

Way ahead of their time as a residential beachhead. Absolutely of their time architecturally: smoked glass to the max.

Palace Pier is more "Brutal", while Palace Place has got more of an 80s-esque crinkly-glass-envelope thing going (Brutalism being out of favour by that time)

the Humber Bay Shores Masterplan gives some nice building / views context - http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2008/ey/bgrd/backgroundfile-10426.pdf

some images from the Masterplan ... Nautilus would be the yellow coloured building in the centre, Waterscapes to the south, Waterways (Conservatory Group) to the west, and Palace Pier + Palace Place to the far right

humberbay01.jpg

humberbay02.jpg
humberbay03.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I am disappointed by the design of Phase 4 (Waterscapes)

I agree... It looks like a budget building and doesn't compare to their earlier projects and other buildings in the neighbourhood... I would've expected something grand ... being that it's the final phase

2911296913_17200a5ef1_o.jpg

Not sure why it's considered 'budget'? I like the circular shape, calls to mind a lighthouse.

Round is not as cheap to build as square is, so I don't know why this would look 'budget' either...

Waterscapes

Well, I stood in line last Saturday and managed to buy me a nice waterview condo at Waterscapes. Hopefully I didn't make a mistake with todays economy.

Congratulations on your purchase, waterscapes-guy! Most likely you will be o.k......:)

Well, I stood in line last Saturday and managed to buy me a nice waterview condo at Waterscapes. Hopefully I didn't make a mistake with todays economy.

which unit did you brought? facing the lake?

unit purchased

Thanks for the response guys.
The unit is located on the 4th floor which is the top level of the podium just next to the entrance. We kind of liked that unit because it was a regular shape. The panoramic views on the tower are nice but we couldn't figure out how we would set-up the furniture. The view is amazing even from the sidewalk so I figure we should be OK. Besides, we don't have to rely on the elevator. We are facing the water directly. There will be retail on the ground floor on the north-east corner of the building, across from the existing restaurant. Should be nice when it is all said and done.

Back