Toronto Water's Edge at the Cove | 182.26m | 56s | Conservatory Group | Richmond Architects

Popped into the sales center on the weekend but was turned away.. the salesperson said they are doing “VIP” sales only at this point and I had to either return with my agent or sign up with her. Do these tactics really help them?

When I went online, I found the plans and prices on buzzbuzzhome. Looks like an overwhelming majority of small shoebox-size units.

This is the second last development block south of Lake Shore however, there is one last mattamy phase (I believe) left after this one. Development will slow down after that until the Mr Christie lands start - and my understanding is that isn't going to be developed at the density that the rest of Humber Bay has been. I think the focus there is going to be more so retail / employment, with a small (relatively) residential component.

To be clear, this is going immediately beside The Cove, which is just topping off shortly. Once this one is in, the gap between Lago and Nautilus will be filled in.

Besides this site, there are two remaining strips to build on south of Lake Shore, one where this Conservatory Group sales office is, and one where the Mattamy sales office is. The Mattamy sales office will be replaced by Vita and Vita Two, while we don't know yet what will replace the Conservatory Group's sales office.

PS - there are still a number of low-rise commercial buildings to go up on narrow strips between the towers and Lake Shore. Not sure how long it will be before we see the first of those go up, but according to the architectural plans for this tower, the garage will be built out under both the tower and the commercial building in one go.

the conservatory plot was the one I was thinking of. It's the only one not to go into sales yet.
There is also a large, fenced off (and padlocked) field on the west bank of Mimico Creek, north of the three Beyond the Sea towers. It appears to be contaminated ground. I do not know if it would be capable of being developed but, if so, at least one more tower could go there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's how the site looked three days ago. It's mostly flat, mostly un-excavated still…

DSC06537.jpg

…but at the southeast end, the site is excavated for the building of The Cove, with the parking garage complete under Annie Craig Drive, the road from which The Cove is accessed, and which is gradually winding through the area as sections are completed with each new development.
DSC06539.jpg

Attachments

• DSC06537.jpg
    DSC06537.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 1,648
  • DSC06539.jpg
    DSC06539.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 1,653
Conservatory Group is run by the Libfeld family with an estimated net worth of close to a billion dollars. They just do things old skool.

Back